You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me

“Trust me, comrades, why would I lie?”

CHRIS WALLACE: “I’m not fixated about Robert Mueller. I’m fixated on the president’s conversation with Vladimir Putin and the fact that in a conversation he doesn’t even mention meddling in 2020 and the question I’m asking and I think it’s a legitimate one sir, the question is, why not?”

MIKE POMPEO: “I talk to leaders all the time. We cover a broad range of subjects. Sometimes conversations just aren’t long enough to include every issue that might be brought up. I’ll let the White House talk to what the president actually said in the set of remarks but no one should misunderstand from your question today your viewers should not be misled this administration has taken seriously to the threat of election inference and continue to do so.”

And as if by magic we learn what Comrade Stupid is really paying attention to:

to which, one lone wag replied:

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me

1. Dennis Cole says:

“…but no one should misunderstand from your question today your viewers should not be misled this administration has taken seriously to the threat of election inference and continue to do so.”

WTF does that even MEAN?!?!?! It’s some of the finest obfuscation I’ve ever read. Any cryptoanalysts available to provide a translation?

• YellowDog says:

It’s bullshit, steaming fresh from a horse’s ass.

• roket says:

Translation: ‘Respect this administrations authoritay without question.

• MDavis says:

I take it as on-the-fly bullshitting. Let’s add some punctuation and parentheticals, shall we?
      “…but no one should misunderstand from your question today (pause)… your viewers should not be misled (pause)… this administration has taken seriously to the threat of election inference and continue to do so.”
      This seems to translate to “sputter! Sputter! We’ve taken to threatening election interference!!! We’ll do it, too! (thought bubble – “Did I say that out loud?”)

2. donnah says:

Mike Pompeo: WORDS! Defensive tone, accusatory stance, WORDS!

3. Astamari says:

“Sometimes conversations just aren’t long enough to include every issue that might be brought up.” The Orange Emperor and Vlad the KIller talked for 90 minutes. That’s a long telephone call. I get it that Dump probably blathered incoherently for most of the call and we know he doesn’t read much less follow the talking points his aides draw up but he certainly had plenty of time to raise the interference issue. Instead, the phone summary said that they both agreed there was no collusion like they have been saying all along, which is not what Mueller’s report says at all, of course.

• Redhand says:

Trump’s “relationship” with Putin is beyond pathetic. He’s like a little boy looking for approval from a malevolent father figure. It’s as if FDR had a man-crush on Hitler. Unbelievably sick!

It was Trump’s annual review, and probably some goal setting for his next review period. Tho Trump is probably too stupid to realize it.

And no, I’m not kidding.

• MDavis says:

I think Redhand might be onto something, there. It fits the theories Alice Miller wrote about and makes sense. On the flip side, it would mean that Trump’s dad was totally like Putin and Putin knows how to use that.
        Of course, that theory actually supports your statement as well.