News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Our old buddy fireman/prophet/theocrat Mark Taylor wants us to know that the steeple at Notre Dame was the burning phallus of Ba’al.

Ol’ Ba’al should get that looked at.

This entry was posted in Mark Taylor, Theocrats. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. julesmomcat says:

Oh. My. Dog. The audacity of ignorance never ceases to amaze.

2. E.A. Blair says:

“McFiles? McDonald’s is going to sue him for trademark appropriation.

3. And whoever Ba’al has been dating probably needs to visit the free clinic also, too.

4. Bruce388 says:

Did Mr. Taylor share this knowledge BEFORE THE FIRE? No?

5. Astamari says:

I watched it for about 1 minute before I climbed back into the boat. First of all, it is Ba’al not Bale. Second, this idiot evidently doesn’t realize that the steeple was added in the 1840s many centuries after the church was built because that was then a common church style (see the vast majority of churches built in the USA in the 19th century).. Since I didn’t watch the whole thing, including the moron interviewing this “fireman”, I can’t comment much further.

Astamari – I only clipped about a minute of it. I try not to torture loyal scissorheads too much with my anti-theocratic posts. I know I’ve lost brain cells over the years with these things.

6. Infidel753 says:

In that case, when the roof collapsed, it must have felt like a kick in the ba’als.

This sounds to me like standard fundie “Catholicism is Satanic” stuff. Things like gargoyles were common on Catholic cathedrals in the Middle Ages. If the fundies want to fight Catholicism, fine with me. Keep the enemy divided against themselves.

Infidel –

It’s amazing how the theocrats cannot stand each other. It’s going to end up with a Catholic, a Baptists, and a Methodist all holding guns against each other.

• Ten Bears says:

Those cathedrals were constructed by Freemasons, the offspring for lack of a better term of the Templars, who though sanctioned by and not above profiting from were often at odds, often violently at odds with The Church, many of whom were burned at the stake by The Church as heretics. The steeples were later, lesser, additions.

This feels like the anti-freemason hysteria of the early nineteenth century, but points to your conjecture as I just don’t think this bozo can wrap its grubby little fingers around all that.

7. MDavis says:

WTAF?
    Dude is bitching about the Notre Dame architecture because it is gasp gothic. Notre Dame getting started in 1163 (google says) and wasn’t completed until 1345. Google also says gothic architecture was standard around that time, so … right back to WTAF?