News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Oh, I hope he tries that one on for size.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. Only if the tax collector is carrying a flag with a gold fringe.

2. Dennis Cole says:

Those Rethugs keep insisting on smaller gov’t., and have been cutting the IRS’s budget to the point where they hardly have anyone skulking around in the office anymore doing those nasty “audits” and such we used to hear about, especially when used as an excuse for us to not see Hair Furor’s tax returns. So yeah, go ahead and take your chances, I doubt they’ll even notice.
    But make sure to let the rest of know if it’s a successful ploy, so we can ALL get away with it. After all, this country WAS founded on the principle of “no taxation without representation,” and I certainly don’t feel like I’m being represented fairly and squarely, or even squirrely.

• Alison Redford says:

Living in the formerly-hoping-once-again great State of Kansas, I second this.

• Oh no, the IRS still has a lot of folks working to nab those dastardly tax cheaters…claiming EITC:

Remember, the cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

• Dennis Cole says:

Great article, BDR, and the charts were a big bonus. I knew the audits were tilted in favor of the Poorz, which is why I was encouraging Coach Dave to go for it, assuming he was in the middle-to-upper-middle tax brackets. And it’s not just the tax cheats who are costing the Gov’t., the latest tax cut, and the shutdowns have had a large impact on revenue-collection.
        The rich ARE different from you and I, and they fight with all their might to keep things that way.

3. lofgren says:

Isn’t this the argument that Thoreau went to jail for?

I dunno about that, but if this argument held water, then the pacifist Quakers would have used it long ago.

4. Nangleator says:

Let’s see… money is speech, according to the government. Freedom of speech also guarantees freedom to not say things. That means we don’t have to talk to the government? With our money?

5. MDavis says:

He objects to the government killing babies – what’s he doing about the southern border hi-jinx, then, where they actually are?