Saturday Palate Cleanser

Scissorhead Purplehead wants us to enjoy the soothing world of dog ownership:

Well-played, Team Cat, very-well played.

This entry was posted in dogs, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Saturday Palate Cleanser

1. Bruce388 says:

The gentleman seems unclear on the concept.

2. M. Bouffant says:

He’d better start feeding that rat-dog a little more.

3. moeman says:

National puppy day.

4. Astamari says:

Once again LMAO. I especially like it that the guy is being so calm and intellectual while the little dog ravishes his fingers.

5. Redhand says:

These fookin’ yippy little canines.

Reminds me of an incident from my yute in Alexandria, Louisiana. We lived on “Circle Drive.” (You can Google it) and this was when I had a boy’s bicycle to get around. On weekends we would sometimes cycle around the whole “circle.”

There was one house where a hyper-aggressive Chihuahua lived and whenever we rode past “his” house on the sidewalk the little bastard ran at us full-tilt, snarling his head off and literally trying to bite our ankles on the pedals. And of course, there was his incessant barking.

We would speed up to get past him. Truth be told, I didn’t much care for the animal. Sometimes I would veer off the sidewalk about a foot or so directly onto his “turf” (see what I did there) to increase his sense of outrage, then really speed up to get away.

That was my plan when one day I decided to invade his turf deeper than usual and yelled, “Yo Tippy, Yah! Yah!”

The dog took off after me like a circus performer shot from a cannon and it was only then that I noticed he had a collar to which was secured a rope about the distance from the house to the edge of the sidewalk. (Apparently, some of the neighbors had complained). When “Tippy” reached the end of his rope the dog launched into the air with such force that his head became a pivot for his body, which I observed go through a 100-degree arc with his legs pointing to the heavens and his tail (and asshole) facing me.

The body arched skyward about a good four feet, then fell to terra firma with a thud surprisingly loud for a creature of his size. I got the distinct impression that Tippy got the wind knocked out of him, and “didn’t know what hit him.”

One thing I’ll say for Tippy, he was not stupid. After this incident, I never saw him run after anyone on the sidewalk again.

I’ve only known 1 Chihuahua that was not some sort of landlocked Charybdis, forever barking. It’s name was Jiffy (after the peanut butter), and it was buddies with my most devious terrier Holly. The two of them could clear the hor’s d’oeuvre table in a minute if you turned your back, and then look at you like angels taken canine form.

Anyway, Jiffy’s owner would always ask me to bring Holly whenever she had a party so the two of them could play together not realizing the evil that would be unleashed. There was the party where I found they had hauled the rack of ribs off the barbecue and somehow got it up into the first branches of an orange tree where they feasted like fiends, and of course the mysterious case of the missing Brie from the cocktail table in the middle of a party and NO ONE SAW A THING.

Anyway, there is a lot of dog in those small bodies. They just don’t know how small they are.

6. Scottie says:

Hello TG. Showed the hubby the video and told him I was going to get that dog for him. He replied “Good idea, Milo ( our aggressive cat ) needs a new family member to torment”. I nearly peed myself laughing. Hugs

7. FELINE MAMA says:

“Human, I smell THAT Feline on you. Two timer. ‘Harumph. ‘ Enjoy these bites. They might be from small teeth, but, they are painful for days!”