Devin Nunes Sues His Cow

Cow tipping for speed and accuracy.

Midnight runner Devin Nunes is suing Twitter and several of its users for more than $250 million, accusing them of defamation and negligence. The defendants include two anonymous parody accounts, “Devin Nunes’ Mom” and “Devin Nunes’ Cow.”

Here’s the tweet that brought this to our attention:

Which sort of sums up the whole thing, at least in my mind. Anyway, the LATimes includes this little bit o’ Law that kinda settles the whole thing:

Section 230 of the Communication Decency Act provides internet services with immunity from liability for material posted by their users.

I recommend reading the article in the LATimes, it’s short, sweet, and snarky as hell.

This entry was posted in People Dumber than Dolphins. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Devin Nunes Sues His Cow

1. Scottie says:

Hello TG. I am a bit confused. I have read in several place the statement about Communication Decency Act provides internet services with immunity from liability for material posted by their users. Did not the FOSTA-SESTA law make it the platforms responsibility of the material and cause Tumblr to find the purity Jesus? Hugs

Scottie –

I am no expert on Tumblr so at best my conjecture would be that they decided to get ahead of any trouble by becoming Puritanical.

It’s a good question. Any Scissorheads out there know the answer?

• MDavis says:

Not A Lawyer, here. Unless DevinNunesMom or DevinCow were offering sex services (or slaves) for sale (or trade) it doesn’t seem to apply. Yet.

2. laura says:

I do not have a twitter account, and so must shit-post my opinions about the presidential tapeworm that is Devin Nunes in other forums.
    Central valley Moran, grifting “farmer” and all around douche nozzle is as sharp as a bag of rocks. There, I said it!11!
    I’ll be out at the mailbox awaiting my Notice to Appear in some court, somewhere for my comeuppance. Look out Liz Mair, theres a new Devin mocker in town.

3. Some Damn Fool says:

Dang. Nunes has never heard of the Streisand Effect, obviously.

4. You all misunderstand this completely. Devin is suing because the WIngnut Constitution sez he can:

YOO-ESS CONSTITOOSHUN:
    (drunk FOX SNOOZE uncle and Freedumb Caucus version)

FIRST AMENMENDMENT: JEEBUS!!! NO GAYS OR MOOSLIMBS ALLOWED!

SECOND AMMOMENDMUNT: GUNZ GUNZ GUNZ!

buncha bullshit hippiestuff

TENTH AINTMENDMENT: FEDERAL GUMMINT AIN’T THE BOSS OF ME!!!

bunchmore hippie stuff and lettin the n****s and wimmin vote HAHHAHA! NO THEY CANT!

‘MERICA FUCK YEAH!!!

“The Court awards the counsel for the plaintiff whatever the eff he wants! Let’s go get some beers with Squi!” — Brett Cavanaugh. Probably.

So those who believe in a benevolent dictator want to outlaw sarcasm, or what? I’m sure Donnie Fester is down with that.

6. Pyed says:

I never thought I’d want to read an actual Twitter, and here I am wondering what I have to do to read the Twitters from Devin Nunes’ Cow. Day-am!