Bad Packaging, Cont.

Well-played, (TJ’s ?), well-played.

This entry was posted in Bad Packaging. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bad Packaging, Cont.

1. Looks like the bins and the packaging at the 99 Cent Only stores near us https://99only.com

their produce is often surprisingly good, when properly labeled 🙂

We used to have a Grocery Outlet here, that I loved to shop at, till they closed it 😦 Now my nearest one is El Cajon. They were all over the NW when we were last there…

There’s one nearby, they have an excellent Farmers Market in their parking lot (I think on Fridays through the summer?), but never ventured inside. The Seattle locals call it the Gross-Out.

• Much of it was crap, but there were always wonderful gems in the rough; I picked up some canned plum tomatoes once that were better than ‘real’ San Marzano style. I ended up going back and buying a couple cases; was set for tomatoes for pasta sauce for months.

• purplehead says:

Friends of mine call it the Used Food Store. Others call it Gross-me Outlet.

• Dennis Cole says:

Yes. Here, where I live in No Cal, we like to call it “Gross-me-outlet.” And some fine bargains can be found, although at times it’s apparent why the merch ended up in the GO graveyard of Products That Didn’t Quite Make It, or were Outright Rejected. But I can get kitteh litta and kitteh fud for cheap, and as long as the little critter eats it, we’re fine.

2. donnah says:

Well, we got the boneless bananas last time, so we were bound to get the ones with a cob eventually.

3. M. Bouffant says:

A little green for my taste in bananas.

4. robginchicago says:

That’s what happens when you buy your bananas at the “Dollar Store.”

5. w3ski4me says:

As a lifelong Ca kid, I won’t buy corn if I can’t peel back the tip and check out the cobs themselves. I have rejected so much green, miss formed, and or buggy stuff. It’s a requirement for corn shopping.
    w3ski

6. w3ski4me says:

As a kid I had fresh Valley Corn picked that day from an Oakley summer camp field. But Nothing was ever sweeter or juicier than some old guy just South of Red Bluff Ca. I forgot the name and he is likely long gone now but that was the Very Best Corn ever.
    w3ski