News That Will Drive You To Drink

Happy Hour News Briefs

Jeebus weeps

Our old pal Liz ‘3-fingers’ Crokin believes that Gawd sent butterflies to Southern California to deliver to her a message about the soon-to-be mass arrest of cannibal pedophiles.

Seem totes reasonable.

This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theorists, Liz Crokin. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to News That Will Drive You To Drink

1. It must be fucking exhausting living in her world of omens, portents and conspiracies.

2. Scottie says:

Hello TG. I do not understand what drives people like her to deny reality in favor of conspiracies that have no bases in any facts. It seems the more fantastic and far out a conspiracy is, the more they believe it. Even when there is clear evidence for a situation they ignore it in favor of their mental dreamland. I just don’t get it. Hugs

Scottie –

No one understands it.

I just think that interpreting butterfly migrations (especially when California is in a rare wildflower cycle) is the height of lunacy.

Yes, Jeebus wants to send a message JUST TO HER using a zillion butterflies. Got it.

shakes head

• Scottie says:

Hello TG. Why is it god never speaks publicly in a clear well understood manner. Always seems to speak to one disturbed person in a cryptic secret code only that person can decode and understand. Weird? Hugs

Scottie –

It get’s sort of explained in the very funny books by Christopher Moore: The Stupidest Angel (which is as close to a Christmas Tradition as I get here at The Little Hut) and to a lesser degree, Lamb. The Stupidest Angel at one point explains that angels are attracted to lunatics. It makes sense, n’est-ce pas?

“Lunatics. We’re attracted to them. It has something to do with the mechanics of faith. I don’t really understand it. Do you have any more?” He held up the empty cocoa envelope. His mug was overflowing with melted marshmallow foam.”

“No, that’s the whole box. So you’re attracted to me because I’m loony and will believe anything?”
        “Yes, I think so. And because no one will believe you. So there’s no violation of faith.”
        “Right.”

Excerpt From: Christopher Moore. “The Stupidest Angel (v2.0).” iBooks. https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-stupidest-angel-v2-0/id360605320?mt=11

If you have not yet discovered his works, I think you will enjoy them.

• MDavis says:

I think you’ve mentioned The Stupidest Angel before, which did get me started on Christopher Moore. He is now one of my favorite authors. While not as prolific as Wodehouse or Pratchett, he’s got some mad skills. (10 out of 10 – would read again)

3. w3ski4me says:

I guess it’s the “likes” that motivate them. What a sad world their lives must be. “How crazy of a thing can I make up to get more attention”? Very sad people.
    w3ski

4. Dennis Cole says:

I love how Moore mangles Shakespeare. Even though the plays themselves are essentially timeless, the way he interprets them makes them more understandable – to me, anyway.

• MDavis says:

Mangle – nice word choice. A mangle is a somewhat dangerous contraption meant to take unwanted wrinkles out of textiles – although it could also be used to put wrinkles where you want them, and accidents from using them can be spectacular. The mangle is uncanny enough to have earned a starring role in a Stephen King story. But, then, so did a strawberry pie.

5. Dennis Cole says:

Isn’t it great, how we Scissorheads share some of the same eclectic tastes in music and literature? ‘Tis a fine bunch we are, me hearties!

6. Pyed says:

Did Ms.Crokin notice that none–not a single one–of those messenger butterflies ever landed on her? Ever wonder why? Butterflies carry their taste buds in their feet, is why!

7. MDavis says:

Ok, finally listened to this. I had to look up Project Monarch The test subjects did a lot of drugs, with the idea of getting intel that way. So why would they have used Liz for one of their test subjects?