Sentencing Today – UPDATED

“I hear Curaçao is nice.”

Ouch.

“Paul Manafort faces the first of two sentencing hearings Thursday — and special counsel Robert Mueller says  President Donald Trump’s ex-campaign chairman deserves significant prison time.

“A federal judge in Alexandria, Virginia, could give the 69-year-old Manafort a sentence of 19 to 24 years in prison, along with millions of dollars in fines, as federal guidelines suggest. In a separate case in federal court in Washington, Manafort could receive a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.”

Paulie’s gonna spend the rest of his days in prison, rightfully so, until he gets a pardon from Comrade Trump.

And you know it’s coming.

UPDATE: It’s a rich white man’s world: he got 47 months. The sentencing guideline according to CBSNews’ coverage, would be 25 years, minimum.

UPDATE 2: It just gets better –

This entry was posted in Paul 'Putin's Pal' Manafort. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Sentencing Today – UPDATED

1. julesmomcat says:

…and Suckface will justify a pardon as “compassion.” B.S.! He cannot spell the word, much less, display it, ’cause he has NONE! It’s just CMA, which is SOP for him.

2. Well Trump can keep him out of the Federal pokey…but Paulie “Ostrich Hide” done committed a whole buncha state felonies, too and that’s beyond the tiny tiny grasp of Donnie Littlehands.

AA-TI-CA! AA-TI-CA! AA-TI-CA!

Also, too, a pardon removes any form of fifth amendment protection for Paulie…so he can be forced to testify or remain a guest at the Orange Jumpsuit Hilton.

3. robginchicago says:

Awwwwww, give the poor dumb bastard a break. Sentence him to 23 years, 11 months, and 29 days.

4. Bruce388 says:

I’m thinking if a pardon was in the cards for Manafort, FatNixon would have done it by now. Manafort’s already a seasoned veteran of the corrections system.

5. Steve-O says:

Manafort got the justice he paid for. This is a sample of what is to come, unfortunately.
    I’ll be listening the Dethklok song “Burn the Earth” over and over again tonight.

6. Redhand says:

Three years for someone his age is a big deal, not that I have any sympathy for him.
    I think the hammer will REALLY come down before the other judge in DC. This judge struck me as a bit of a RWNJ.

7. HarpoSnarx says:

So the 3rd fig leaf branch of government is just as rotten and corrupt as the other two,

• MDavis says:

The right wing has been working on it for years, decades. This latest SCOTUS Obama appointment denial is just the most publicized case.

8. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Hey, it’s not like he smoked a joint!

9. ming says:

I’m pissed.

10. Sirius Lunacy says:

I will have to deal with a Trumptard on Monday who will be thrilled about this. My plan is to point out that this man stole 55million from you and me and every taxpayer in the country. He stole 55 million from our troops deployed in war zones around the world. He stole 55 million from our veterans. And if all that fails I will point out that this man stole 55 million dollars from the subsidies of the oil and coal companies that he worships so much

11. robginchicago says:

I can’t get over how such totally skeevy bastards like Paul Manafort continue to skate through life virtually untouched by law enforcement. Here’s a guy who set up and watched gang bangs of his brain damaged wife: https://www.lareviewofbooks.org/article/kompromat-or-revelations-from-the-unpublished-portions-of-andrea-manaforts-hacked-texts/?fbclid=IwAR0MZqWWcG-nebR8docll1snJCezGO5SINqlaMwD1sF3NLvNBtnRUO0SjCo#