Here’s Some Stupid For Lunch

Um. 1) D-Day was a day, not a month, and B) in your metaphor this make us the Nazis.

This Higgins is the OTHER* Gohmert of the House.

*Damn cold got me again.

This entry was posted in Clay Higgins, People Dumber than Dolphins, snark, Y'all Qaeda. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Here’s Some Stupid For Lunch

1. Uhh, isn’t Louie “Cast ye asparagus upon me!” the Gohmert of the House?

Uhhh… 🤒 I blame the cold again/still

• FELINE MAMA says:

TG, to the doctor. It could it be pneumonia?? Don’t self-diagnose & prescribe. GO NOW!

• MDavis says:

If you don’t have a primary doctor, the public health care clinics are less likely to order unnecessary tests for the insurance payouts. I know you have them there, just… I don’t know it the clinics themselves are now effectively flu carriers.
        Also, consider some hot food (I favor hot pickles – they keep in the firdge) to clear your sinuses.

Thanks for the concern. I’m getting better, just not as fast as I would like.

2. M. Bouffant says:

He saw his idiot ass on the telly, then someone told him there’s no such thing as “bad” publicity & he bought it.

And he somehow forgot the 70,000+ Brits & Canucks who also landed to liberate France.

3. FELINE MAMA says:

Would it be rude to ‘splain the difference. “Apprehensions?” I’m NOT following this person.

4. I vote that Higgin’s nickname be “WHAR BOXES??” as in this HI-larious Wonkette rendition of his “questioning” in the FIRST Michael Cohen rodeo… https://www.wonkette.com/clay-higgins

• Dennis Cole says:

Oh my looooord. This guy is representing the great state of Lose-your-anner in CONGRESS? My stars & garters! I wonder what is record is like, from his Policin’ daze, but not enough to check him out, not even on FB. WHEW!!!

• Dennis Cole says:

Ummmm…….yes. That’s a DEFINITE yes.

5. MDavis says:

“…and B) in your metaphor this make us the Nazis.”
    I think this is a feature, not a bug.

6. Ten Bears says:

If I just randomly throw numbers out there will you believe me?

I do not for one minute believe the numbers these animals are throwing out there.

• FELINE MAMA says:

Exactly TB. Like yesterday, I was driving around town & documented 10 drivers ran red lights; 4 ran thru school zones at 50 mph; 10 drivers cut in front of me; 3 turned right in front of me not signaling; 5 drivers honked because I did not move fast enuf when the light changed; 4 were tail-gating & pissed off at me cos, ??; 5 walkers crossed crosswalk against the light & caused me to stop, suddenly, & they gave ME the finger & the drivers behind me blasted their horns &; well, ya know what I’m talkin’ about!!! What’s NOT to believe?

7. MDavis says:

Official statistics may not be in yet. The most recent stats posted here: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/bp-total-monthly-apps-sector-area-fy2018.pdf

are for Sept. 2018, and the total for the SW border was fewer than 42,000 – I’d like to know where he gets his stats. Also, how bad is Central America that so many people are coming here? Yikes.

(rummages around in google and cbp.gov… )

Okay here it is, with a link to the chart containing the 76,000 in Feb, 2019 number. The chart also shows that this year has the highest numbers in the last five. Thus is it proven that Trump has increased illegal crossings at the SW border of the US with his stupid policies. Is it QED, Tengrain?

8. robginchicago says:

Apprehensions, my patootie! Most of the Central American families showing up at the border crossings are asking for asylum, so they’re turning themselves in. The Fat Nixon Administration is slow walking the “credible fear” screening process at the border, holding the families in Mexico, where they are living under desperate and dangerous conditions, and are preyed upon by cartels, assorted criminals and smugglers. Congress Members visiting the border areas report CBP Officers simply telling asylum seekers to go away, rather than processing them for asylum or conducting credible fear interviews. This forces many families to leave the formal ports-of-entry, and seek out other points of entry not under CBP choke holds. After crossing over into the U.S. at small border outposts or at unmanned areas, the asylum seekers usually seek out any Border Patrol Officer to which they can surrender and begin the asylum process. If those “I’m turning myself in and asking for asylum” immigrants constitute “apprehensions” under DHS/CBP statistical record keeping, that’s some mighty low hanging fruit CBP has gathered.

• MDavis says:

Pretty sure you are spot on, here. Refusing asylum has been standard for a while. Without that being documented accurately there is no trick to use to estimate what the actual numbers should be.
      Oh, wait, if there were any investigative reporters on this, they could cross reference conditions in the Central American countries most affecting increased traffic with conditions in previous years, obtain the full statistics from all previous years available and apply statistics to estimate the likely projected number of asylum seekers onto the statistics about apprehensions. Who has investigative reporters in these days? Are any of them available from reporting the shitstorms ravaging our nation to address this statistic?
      (By the way, I do remember when a phrase like “a neat trick” to understand (and use) data that appeared to be compromised was used to prove that scientists were faking data like common Republican politicians. I know it was climate/temperature data. I think it was in Toronto.)

• Dennis Cole says:

If there ARE any investigative reporters left, they are only allowed to do the bidding of their corporate (over)Lords & Masters. So don’t look for any “in-depth and on-the-scene” newz flashez emitting from the telly-tube, or in the delivered-directly-to-your-doorstep, ink-printed-on-paper thingy either.

Besides, if YOU were a reporter, why would you even WANT to go to one of those “shithole” countries, anyway? There’s nothing but disease-ridden inhabitants who most likely would arrest you, or even cause serious death & injury.

(But I hear the tacos are to die for, so there’s that.)