And Rand Paul Makes 4

“Which dimension am I in today?”

Rand Paul to vote to block emergency declaration, forcing Trump veto

This entry was posted in Rand 'Schrödinger's Senator' Paul. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to And Rand Paul Makes 4

1. Deborah Terhune says:

I will believe that when I see it. he just wants something

2. Jim says:

Yeah well, Randy Paul is notorious for changing his mind about almost any vote he casts so call me skeptical. The man is an unstable non-genius. (Jebus, KY, you have two of the worst senators; what’s wrong with you people?)

3. Redhand says:

Like that dramatic guinea pig look on him. It fits.

4. Boris says:

Too bad his neighbor didn’t sideline this asshat…

5. Dennis Cole says:

Even if he does, it will still accomplish nothing. It’s just a freakin’ ,i>resolution and it needs the signature of Preznit Stupid to have any effect, so without a veto-proof majority it’s mainly a waste of time and breath. But at least the “Ayes” will be on record for trying to stop this insane power grab.

It’s significant. The Prznint will be publicly rebuked in a bipartisan bill, and will be forced to use his veto pen for the first time.

But this also gives other GOPERS the excuse to hop on, if they are so inclined without making them the one to shame him. It won’t be veto proof but there will be more now.

And yeah, counting on Schrödinger’s Senator is a flip of the coin, but this does give the fake Libertarian some cred to continue his Grift.

• Redhand says:

I think it also will strengthen court challenges to the “emergency” if both houses of Congress vote to block it.

Really good point, Redhand! — TG

• Dennis Cole says:

I should apologize – I let my grumpiness get away from me, and I’m not sure why. Usually I can channel it better, or re-direct it, and I meant no disrespect. But goddamn if those Rethuglicons don’t piss me off, and I had just finished reading an op-ed in the Sunday paper about how the Rs were standing firmly behind tRumpus, mostly to appease the voters in their districts back home.
        There’s no longer love of country, or if there is, it’s wildly misplaced. It’s all about the hate anr the fear-mongering these days, and it’s tearing this country to shreds, and it gets to the point where I can’t bear it any longer, I feel like I HAVE to lash out.

No worries, Dennis, and no apology needed.