CNN, the corrupted news organization we love to hate, reports that Mr. Mueller is wrapping it up:
“Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller’s confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.
“The preparations are the clearest indication yet that Mueller is nearly done with his almost two-year investigation.
“The precise timing of the announcement is subject to change.”
Pretty hard reporting there, fellas. I hope no one broke a sweat on that one.
Of course, Comrade Trump and his minions have told us for over a year that Mueller is almost done. Mr. Mueller isn’t saying anything, so this is pretty idle speculation.
So to me, that CNN report sounds like Tiger Beat on the Potomac level gossip, “someone said something!”
But anyway, running with the speculation, Wired presents some scenarios of how it plays out (if it plays out):
- “Mueller sends the attorney general a simple ‘declination letter,’ telling Bill Barr that he’s concluded his work as special counsel.”
- “Mueller compiles a detailed ‘roadmap,’ providing Congress with an annotated bibliography or index of sorts outlining impeachment-worthy presidential ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.'”
- “Mueller authors a detailed novelistic narrative, akin to what the 9/11 Commission wrote or what Ken Starr authored at the conclusion of his Whitewater hearing.”
- “He offers both a final round of ‘his’ indictments as well as a detailed report like #2 or #3.”
- “He offers a report, but not the report, something more akin to a progress report rather than a single, definitive one.”
- “He closes up shop but refers numerous active cases to other prosecutors.”
- “Mueller unseals one or more long-standing sealed indictments.”
The real question is what does Barr do with it before releasing it? Does he release it at all?
Of course, it will leak, or portions of it will leak, and Rep. Schiff will have hearings on it, including under oath testimony from Mr. Mueller. So at some point we will learn whatever it is that Mr. Mueller knows.
But will we know in time to do anything about it before the 2020 Goat Rodeo?