Sanders is In

…so our post from the weekend was ahead of the pack, but correct.

We note that Sanders will be 79 on Inauguration Day.

In totally unrelated news, I’m gonna try to avoid Twitter today. The Bernie Bros will be full of vitamins and frothy with testosterone; and if I see Susan Sarandon I will lose my cool.

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Bernie Sanders. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Sanders is In

1. saveusfrompotus says:

Ditto, on the being out. Just what we need — another narcissistic Methuselah.

2. purplehead says:

Nope. Even though I was for him in the last big primary. He needs to get behind one of the younger, progressive candidates if wants “in.” Be a mensch, Bernie.

• purplehead says:

As a matter of fact, I’m going to peel off the Bernie bumper sticker that is still on my car’s bumper, as soon as it gets to be unfreezing temps. Nope nope nope. I’m going to put this one on in its place.

3. 9thousandfeet says:

I didn’t think he would, so I got that one wrong.
    I don’t think I’m anywhere close to the only one who’s wishing he hadn’t either. He won’t win the nomination, and he may well do a dangerous amount of damage on his way to realizing his moment has passed.
    (A moment which, it must be said again and again, was absolutely wonderful; how often do we get an atheist Jew and self-described democratic socialist scare the crap out of a major party’s establishment by persuading the citizenry to fund an iconoclastic campaign with money from behind the nation’s couch cushions?)
    But passed it has, and it’s a shame his ego prevents him from seeing it.

4. Oghod the Bros. Let me get us ready “You’re supporting the evil fascist pretender [enter name here] who will certainly be worse than Trump! The Republicans can’t Touch Bernie!”

Also breathlessly waiting for the deep MSM analysis of his eating habits, wardrobe, ‘likeablitiy’, and whether he’s “shrill” or a “horrible boss”.

5. donnah says:

Ugh on Bernie. He runs as a Democrat when it suits him and plays like a Socialist the rest of the time. Also, he has the chance to really show some integrity by not running and by backing viable candidates, yet won’t. Also, he has yet to share his tax returns.

Nopity nope.

6. HarpoSnarx says:

And the Democwaat Party captures DEFEET!

7. Mary says:

I hope the Dems will not let this old fart run in the Dem primaries. He ISN’T a Dem. He’s a spoiler, just like Ralph Nader and all the rest of them.

8. Sanders and Warren need to find a steep cliff, clasp hands together and Thelma & Louise themselves … hard.

9. tomshefchik says:

I agree with every comment above. I’m not in with Bernie. Love Liz Warren though.

10. Robert Mcneilly says:

Well, I’m in.
    Feels pretty lonely here though.
    And no I’m not a Bernie bro.
    Or a Russian bot.

11. saveusfrompotus says:

Dude, his age alone makes him nonviable and his missing self awareness gene in light of his rampant narcissism simply classifies him as a Socialist version of trump. I don’t know about you, but anyone who exudes ANY trumpian character traits gets the foot up his ass from moi. The US will never survive another doddering old narcissist who has been fairly successful in blowing smoke up the asses of a small subset of the populace.

12. Bruce388 says:

Isn’t Bernie hiding his tax returns? That should render him ineligible for the Dems.

13. Robert Mcneilly says:

“Age is just a number” ming essay.
    About narcissism. Everyone who runs for president is narcissistic. Especially those who win.
    The National Review, Washington Post and CNN ,all FINE/s institutions, dogged him on releasing FULL tax returns. Are FULLtax returns necessary? And what’s the difference between full tax returns and tax returns?
    I like Bernie because he says what he wants to do . No platitudes about family values, the american way, decency, and other feel good slogans.
    My self I read and believe in Howard Zim’s book The People’s History of USA.
    I laid brick for 40 years and enjoy taking long walks off short piers(in a scuba suit😁).

Robert –

I think you’re new around here, so welcome to MPS, it is good to have you with us.

Full disclosure: I was a Bernie supporter in the primary of 2016 and switched to Hillary when she became the nominee. I have no regrets for that, and whomever is the nominee this time will also get my support.

All that said, I hope all candidates present their full tax returns so we can see if they have any conflicts of interest, not just Bernie and not just the Russian Usurper, Trump.

Tengrain

• Robert Mcneilly says:

Been reading for years
        Hard to type long missives on cell phone
        Voted for Hillery in general
        Wish she had lawn signage
        Hard going down the street seeing 3 or 4 Trump signs and NO Hillery signs
        Local Dem org said we have no signs. We rely on internet.
        Sinage gives big emotional boost I believe.
        Who would do scientific research on t this?
        I can get behind Full tax returns. After Trump will anyone release tax returns agin. Especially Repubs?

• ming says:

RM,
      I’m not a Bernie supporter, but I could say the same thing about every other Dem candidate who has declared at this point. Hopefully my dream candidate will emerge, but I’m not holding my breath until that happens. He or she would probably be unelectable anyway. That said, every one of the Dems, Bernie included, would be better than the current occupant of the White House or the other GOP wannabes. Tom Sullivan makes some great points at Hullabaloo (link below) which we should keep in mind as we head into the next silly season. We don’t have to agree on all of the issues or who is the best candidate, but at the end of the day we need to come together to remove the Orange Idiot and his enablers from office. If it is Bernie, and I don’t think it will be, I’ll vote for him. In the meantime I’ll continue to look for other options and try not to do the GOPs work for them. So yeah, I’m out, but I will damn sure be back in if somehow he manages to become the candidate.