Media Back to 2016 Tricks

Honest to blog, Sen. Amy Klobuchar is announcing her 2020 Goat Rodeo run, and instead of looking at her policies, Tiger Beat on the Potomac (and others) tell us that she’s a bitch:

“MINNEAPOLIS — Sen. Amy Klobuchar is pitching herself for the White House as the common-sense Midwestern answer to President Donald Trump — while former staffers portray her as a brutal boss who mistreated them.

“The run-up to Klobuchar’s expected presidential campaign launch on Sunday has been sidetracked by former aides, speaking anonymously for fear of retribution, who described a toxic office environment including demeaning emails, thrown office supplies and requests for staff to perform personal chores for the senator. It’s a sharp departure from the public brand that Klobuchar has built to get to this moment: a pragmatic, aw-shucks Minnesotan who gets things done and wins her state by landslide margins.”

Well, it’s not “But Her Emails,” but it might be much worse because Americans go for the ol’ “character counts” bit of politics, and no one likes a bitch, amiright?

Anyway, this is going to be the shorthand for her, the media has already branded her. Bank on it: every single piece on her from here on out will mention this “controversy.”

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Amy Klobuchar. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Media Back to 2016 Tricks

1. Ten Bears says:

Hardly original, they ran the same game on Gore.

2. Steve-O says:

Fer Fuck’s sake- that whole throwing a fit crap describes Tangerine Tito in the White House now. How is it it’s okay for him but not for anyone else?
    Yeah, yeah, I know, skirts, IOKIYAR, etc.

3. Art says:

Tell me how a person treats those who can neither hurt or help them when they think nobody is watching and I’ll tell you who they are. It rings true.

But to apply this to one side or group and not another is simply to allow oneself to be manipulated.

4. laura says:

Workplace bullying is “A Thing” and it should be part of the conversation. It shouldn’t be limited to the skirts.
    There’s the power/subjegation dynamic, cruelty and shame, but it can also mask inferiority as the bully cannot allow anyone to know more or perform better than the bully.
    Those close to Klobucher have an opportunity to shed some light on this and I’m interested in their perspective.

5. 9thousandfeet says:

…and no one likes a bitch, amiright?

Hmmm.
    About 40% of the electorate like Der Trumpenführer no matter what the fuck he does, and he’s a bitch by any objective standard.
    There’s plenty of evidence, amiright?

6. donnah says:

I’m going to hold back a while and see what shakes out on Klobuchar. I worked for someone who was an absolute terror, called me a liar to my face and made demands on my time that were unneccessary, as punishment. So I know firsthand how a bad boss can ruin a workplace and cause a lot of emotional damage. I ended up quitting the job because I knew it was hurting me.

Maybe it’s disgruntled former employees, maybe it’s a Republican hit job, I dunno. But I’ll hold off until actual facts are out.

7. A. says:

Would they have said this if the name was MISTER Klobuchar? Or would they have said HE asks a lot from his staff…?

8. paul fredine says:

when i read about the one ex-employee who was having a hissy-fit because she called the work he/she handed in ‘the worst’ i could only imagine the one kid in class who always had a tantrum when the test score came back lower than what he felt he deserved. if your work being called ‘the worst’ is the ‘the worst’ you can say about an ex-boss consider yourself blessed.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s