Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac Update

Touched By An Angel, or at least a Fed.

Buzzfeed dropped a bombshell last night that says The Russian Usurper directed longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. It cites two federal law enforcement officials as sources, who said  ” [Trump] had at least 10 face-to-face meetings with Cohen about the deal during the campaign.”

“Trump vehemently denied having any business interests in Russia. But behind the scenes, he was pushing the Moscow project, which he hoped could bring his company profits in excess of $300 million.”

According to BuzzFeed, “the special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents.” If Trump actually did order Cohen to lie to Congress, that would be a felony. And that’s impeachable right there.

“Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.”

Wrong-Again Rudy Giuliani, who just 24 hours ago moved the goalposts said:

“If you believe Cohen I can get you a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.”

Perhaps Rudy missed the part about two federal law enforcement officials as sources? This has nothing to do with believing Cohen.

Now before we all start doing the Snoopy Happy Dance, some cold water. One of the authors of the BF story is Jason Leopold, who reported that Karl Rove was about to be indicted during the Chimpy Reign of Error. I’m just sayin’.

Cohen is scheduled to appear before Congress again in early February.

UPDATE 1: Tiger Beat’s morning email thingie points out an obvious strategic error –

— BY THE WAY … Since the president canceled the Democratic trip to Afghanistan, all top key Democrats — people like CALIFORNIA REP. ADAM SCHIFF and SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI — are probably around to comment about this story.

This entry was posted in Lord Damp Nut, The Russian Usurper, Mikhail Cohen. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac Update

1. Kiwiwriter says:

I’m so numbed by the endless stream of insanity, illegal acts, and childish behavior, that I cannot take much of it anymore. Right now, I have CNN and MSNBC on at work (a requirement for my office), and a furloughed federal employee is talking about her struggle to feed her family. She calls it “psychologically traumatizing.” I think the whole nation would agree.

I’ll believe Trump is going to jail when he gets checked in by the corrections officers.

2. MDavis says:

CNN and MSNBC have to be on at your office?
    Oh, my… do you have to know what they said? I mean, can you wear earplugs or something? Can you file for hazard pay for the constant barrage of news? Can you just play Robocop on a loop so that the news you hear is more realistic?

• Kiwiwriter says:

No…I have to have them on…I work in the communications office for a major American city. We have four TVs on all the time: CNN, MSNBC, a state news channel, and our city’s own Government Access Channel.

Personally, I would rather have “Law and Order” reruns (any flavor) and the YES Network.

• MDavis says:

Aw, may, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that it pays well, at least. Hazard pay still seems like a requirement for such a job.

• Kiwiwriter says:

I have 39 years on my ticket as an award-winning journalist and public affairs person on four continents.

I am paid less than a 21-year-old kid who has just completed a seven-month class in computer repair.

When people ask me if they should be a journalist, I say, “To be a journalist today, you need to have computer web design skills, advertisers who sell questionable products but pay their bills on time, and a penknife to grind that you express in a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Have all those things, and you are instantly a world-class media pundit, as good as Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Anne Coulter, or Michael Savage (whose real last name is “Wiener”).”

• MDavis says:

Maybe we should take that seven month course and get into computer repair ourselves. We could design websites for journalists. Do we have to pretend to be young?

• Kiwiwriter says:

Probably…I’d need to use a lot of hair dye, a wig, and pretend I’m familiar with pop culture to sound like a 21-year-old, though.

• MDavis says:

I intend to pitch for remote working. The dye thing I’ve been doing for a while, ever since a female boss told me it would be a good idea for me, since the company we both worked for was imploding and we would both be looking for work. I didn’t know we’d have to learn a new language, though.

That’s odd. The feelings in my gut were right again. Or is this old news?

4. Reports from out of Mueller’s office dispute this report, so grab the salt, you know….