Hell musta done froze over: I’m posting a tweet from David ‘Axis of Evil’ Frum:
Every sentence draws blood https://t.co/DonxkmSteb
— David Frum (@davidfrum) January 16, 2019
- Nancy Pelosi essentially cancelled Hair Füror’s State of the Union Address and she knifed him using his own shut-down as the weapon. As Frum said, every sentence draws blood.
- Also using Comrade Trump’s Shut-Show as an excuse, noted coal-mining enthusiast and acting EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler blamed the government shutdown for his inability to answer questions about climate change at his confirmation hearing.
- A few Senate Republicans signed a letter asking Prznint Stupid to reopen the gubmint for three weeks, panicking White House officials.
- The 4th Reich is forcing some workers (TSA especially) to come back to work with no pay. So much for the non-essential workers! Sorry Grover, still not small enough to drown in the bathtub!
- CNN has a handy list of the very real direct effects of the partial government shutdown
The Reliable Sources email thingie:
Oliver Darcy emails: Trump’s allies in conservative media are continuing to pressure him to stand firm on his demands for border wall funding amid the longest government shutdown in US history. “Trump is assuring everyone he’s not gonna cave on this, and I hope he doesn’t,” Rush Limbaugh said this week. “We don’t get opportunities like this one presents, and I just — hope he sticks to it.” Other conservative personalties [sic] like Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Ann Coulter, and Lou Dobbs have provided support, using their respective platforms to argue in favor of building a barrier on the southern border. And Trump appears to be paying attention. On Wednesday morning Trump tweeted statistics about “significant walls built around the world” which Media Matters’ Matthew Gertz noted appeared to be derived from an on-screen graphic Dobbs had used the night before…