The Shut-Show: Day 27

Hell musta done froze over: I’m posting a tweet from David ‘Axis of Evil’ Frum:

• Nancy Pelosi essentially cancelled Hair Füror’s State of the Union Address and she knifed him using his own shut-down as the weapon. As Frum said, every sentence draws blood.
  • Also using Comrade Trump’s Shut-Show as an excuse, noted coal-mining enthusiast and acting EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler blamed the government shutdown for his inability to answer questions about climate change at his confirmation hearing.
  • A few Senate Republicans signed a letter asking Prznint Stupid to reopen the gubmint for three weeks, panicking White House officials.
  • The 4th Reich is forcing some workers (TSA especially) to come back to work with no pay. So much for the non-essential workers! Sorry Grover, still not small enough to drown in the bathtub!
  • CNN has a handy list of the very real direct effects of the partial government shutdown

The Reliable Sources email thingie:

Oliver Darcy emails: Trump’s allies in conservative media are continuing to pressure him to stand firm on his demands for border wall funding amid the longest government shutdown in US history. “Trump is assuring everyone he’s not gonna cave on this, and I hope he doesn’t,” Rush Limbaugh said this week. “We don’t get opportunities like this one presents, and I just — hope he sticks to it.” Other conservative personalties [sic] like Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Ann Coulter, and Lou Dobbs have provided support, using their respective platforms to argue in favor of building a barrier on the southern border. And Trump appears to be paying attention. On Wednesday morning Trump tweeted statistics about “significant walls built around the world” which Media Matters’ Matthew Gertz noted appeared to be derived from an on-screen graphic Dobbs had used the night before…

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Shut-Show: Day 27

1. Kiwiwriter says:

Good…he can write it in crayon and put it in a Tweet.

2. Condi says:

You know of course now that @SpeakerPelosi busted @realDonaldTrump's balls, it's just a matter of time before he tweets out “I canceled the SOTU, it was me, I take full credit. I canceled it first!”— Nick Charalambides (@Thin_Man) January 17, 2019

3. Redhand says:

How pathetic is it that the Orange Asshole gets his stats from fookin’ lunatic Lou Dobbs? This clown is just a half peg above Alex Jones.

4. Steve-O says:

Geezus- no worker should be forced to work without pay. They should all walk off the job, and so should everyone else in the country for one day in a national strike. And I mean no one shows up. No one to run the internet, no store open, nothing. Maybe that will get President Smallberries attention.
    I can dream, can’t I?

• Kiwiwriter says:

Can you imagine what will happen as the months go by, and this has a ripple effect on our economy?

How about what will happen when all these unpaid federal workers will have to quit their jobs and find new ones to feed their families? When they get called back, they’ll be in some other job.

What happens when the IRS can’t collect taxes and the feds start defaulting and not being able to pay other outstanding debts….like the troops? You have to pay the military. If they don’t get paid, they can turn on you…with guns.

• MDavis says:

All part of the plan… allegedly.

• Kiwiwriter says:

Even paranoids have real enemies.

• MDavis says:

I can’t tell – are you calling me “a paranoid” or is that directed at someone else?

• Kiwiwriter says:

No, I’m neither accusing nor suggesting…I’m just remembering something someone once told me, that I thought was fairly amusing.

Either way, I’m just laughing my head off at Giuliani and Trump lying through their teeth and blaming everyone but themselves for their troubles.

Regrettably, I can’t put in a “laughing face” emoji here to show how I amused I am by the garbage the Glorious Leader and his flunkies spout. The problem is….armies of people believe every word of it.

😂

• Kiwiwriter says:

How’d you get the laughing face in there?

I’m using a Mac – I went to the emoji and symbols keyboard and chose the one I wanted.

I do have the WP feature for converting standard emojis from punctuation to images turned on. It might have to be on a line by itself.

😉

Yup, that worked!

• Kiwiwriter says:

I’m on a Windows machine…such is life. I’ll have to use some other symbology to represent emotions. Maybe the English language…..LOLOLOL

• MDavis says:

Oh, thanks. On your idea of trump’s thugs taking over for missing secret service, I recently read an account where those pistol-packin’ thugs were the “lawyers” that Trump sent to some contractors to negotiate reduced payments. I was surprised, when I read it, that I hadn’t thought of that independently.
        (and it has been implied that I’m nuts, for me rattling on about things I have personally seen… Reality is pretty crazy sometimes, but if you talk about it you get tarred with the crazy brush)

• Kiwiwriter says:

I suspect that most of Trump’s “legal negotiations” with his various enemies over the decades were accomplished in styles best depicted in the “Godfather” movies.

The big difference was probably that when the bigshot producer woke up in his bed, he didn’t find a horse’s head next to him, but a horse’s ass.

• Osirisopto says:

The chances of the people uniting in anything is nil. TPTB have been working hard for decades to ensure the rats keep running the maze for that smear of stale cheezewhiz no matter what.

5. Dennis Cole says:

All we need is for CBP and the TSA to go on strike. Call in sick, or just don’t show up, or show up with some picket signs that denigrate little donny and his utterly ridiculous shutdown, and I’ll wager every last Quarloo I have that the shutdown ends in 12 hours or less. One single news cycle, maybe?

Can you imagine video footage of CBP agents at the border, welcoming immigrants across politely? “No, no……. don’t be worried – we’re not working today, so I’m here to show you where to apply for asylum.”

And how about a Wild-west type shootout on an airliner, between good guys with guns vs. the bad guys, because there weren’t any TSA agents at the security checkpoint?

Put that shit on Pay-per-view, and use the proceeds to give a bonus to every worker who was ordered to show up for work, with no guarantee of getting paid.

• Kiwiwriter says:

Even more scary…the Secret Service agents who protect Trump walk off their posts….

• MDavis says:

That might get his attention, but probably only if some rando runs up and tries to shake his hand. Otherwise, he might not notice that the SS is missing.

• Kiwiwriter says:

He’d just replace them with Trump Organization security guards.

And as they’re from the private sector, they would have no compunctions about beating up innocent people.

6. laura says:

Hey Kiwiwriter, my brother the younger took on Trump and his private security goons in 1999 when the big T tried to enter the dressing room of a then 15 yo Christina Aguilera while she was changing before a Miss Whatever pageant in Branson. 10 minutes or so of back and forth and when bro threatened to “call the real cops” they backed off and wandered away.
    Trump org security was merely a cover for entitled sex pest.

• Kiwiwriter says:

Needless to say, the Gropenfuehrer would have been extremely embarrassed if real cops took him and his goons into custody for leering at a 15-year-old girl in her dressing room before a big beauty pageant.

All bullies are cowards, and this situation was like all of them…faced with determined opposition, the cowardly Trump fled.

7. Pingback: Trump: Pelosi, Shutdown; King Racism, Cupp Attack, Early Retirement, Climate Denial, Okay to Lie, Hindenburg, Good News – FairAndUNbalanced.com