Maths. How Do They Work?

Scott Walker, Fiscally Conservative

Is Hot Ham, er, Scottie Walker just stupid or just lying to fifth graders (and still stupid)?

Um, in order for Mom & Dad to take away $7 Ameros with a 70% top marginal rate, the grandchild would have to have earned $10,000,010 Ameros from Grandma.

And that’s how one explains marginal tax rates to children and former WI Governors.

This entry was posted in People Dumber than Dolphins, Scott 'Hot Ham' Walker (R-Koch Industries). Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Maths. How Do They Work?

1. Say it again.

“Former Wisconsin governor…”

Such a sweet, sweet sound….

2. Redhand says:

He looks like a malevolent and particularly stupid “Gumby” with that hairstyle.

3. Dennis Cole says:

If you make $50 million Ameros a year, and get taxed at 50%, you still have $25 million. But if you make $50,000 per year, and get taxed at 35%, you only have $33,5000. And scientists have recently discovered that accumulating great wealth activates the same pleasure centers in the brain as cocaine does, and is likely as addicting.

Yes, for some people maths is hard, and CLAIMING to be a billionaire New York real estate mogul, when you’re barely a millionaire, (if even that, ), you can only fool most of the people some of the time, until you’re just barely fooling (and grifting) some of the people some of the time. A house of cards has only ONE destiny: certain and total collapse.

4. Well to be fair ‘ol former governor Kochtool was only 13 when Ronnie came in and Saved America From 70% Taxes, so he might be remembering it wrong.

5. Osirisopto says:

Indoctrinating the young is a Kochheads duty.

6. Osirisopto says:

Before he explains taxes to anyone he should first learn how they work.

7. MDavis says:

AOC kept her response to Gumby’s tweet simple. She didn’t really get into the numbers, so making math easy, I guess:

8. Randall says:

The problem is: lying about high top-marginal tax brackets WORKS!
    I KNOW people in their 60’s and 70’s that still believe that “if I move into a higher tax bracket I LOSE MONEY.”

• MDavis says:

I did tax prep for a couple of years, and I used to have a canned explanation of marginal tax rates on hand. I used it far too often to explain to people that the first dollar over the income limit for the highest tax rate (or whatever marginal rate they did not want to break into) was the first dollar taxed at that rate. Trying to explain about the levels, calling that the lowest of tax rates at 0%, that was kind of over a lot of people’s heads, but explaining that only the dollars in the marginal rate under discussion were affected by the new rate usually worked.
      (my boss would advocate privately, at employee only meetings, for a flat 3% tax rate. I didn’t argue with her, I didn’t point out that the flat rate would apparently have to be 27% to 33%, so I don’t know if she had some calculation of corporate profits that would make 3% work – I needed the job, also, too.)

Obviously, the $7 was for a broken window and not a tax, you fricking idiot.