The Quotable Mango-Hued S*** Gibbon

OK, so our quote-of-the-day from from the pool report this morning (“I don’t have temper tantrums!”) was pretty great and so I looked at some of the media people I follow on the Twatter to see what other nutty things the MHSG said before taking off for his border photo-op, and boy-howdy, he musta been snorting Adderall all night:

Any one of these would probably be enough to get a court to order a mandatory evaluation, but Prznint Sundowner just argle-bargles along. I can haz 25th Amendment now?

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, In their own words, Quote. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Quotable Mango-Hued S*** Gibbon

1. MDavis says:

“Compromise is in my vocabulary, very strongly.”
    It’s an Inigo Montoya moment – I don’t think that word means what he thinks it does.

2. 9thousandfeet says:

I can haz 25th Amendment now?

Nope.
    And you can’t have an impeachment conviction either, nor can you have any legislation passed by the House even brought up for debate in the Senate unless Der Führer tells Mitch the Turtle that he’ll sign it ahead of time.
    Trump and Mitch have broken the system, and it’s not at all clear how that gets fixed. If the Dems don’t fold on the play money for the wall, Trump gets to step in as hero by “reluctantly” declaring an emergency, demonize the Dems for obstructionism, and punt the whole thing to the courts, which by the time MItch and the Senate are done installing another Kavanaugh (make no mistake, he’s not taking his eye off that ball for one second, and we need to be thinking it’s more likely than not at this point) will totally go with affirming an imperial presidency. But even if they don’t, Trump lives to fight another day and still will be capable of controlling the news cycles, even if he has to start a war to drive Mueller’s stuff off the front page.

Unless Mitch’s Senate caucus flies apart to the point that he just can’t logjam shit any longer, and it’s impossible to imagine enough defections to make that happen, I don’t see how Pelosi and the House can do much of anything about any of this.

I’m actually more alarmed now than I was before the Dems took control of the House. Trump has a foil now, an adversary to blame everything on, including “forcing” him to take extreme measures.
    Schumer is worthless. Pelosi is not worthless, but I don’t see a path for her to prevail in any meaningful way currently.

• Jim says:

Right now, it is true that the MHSG is, as usual, trying to dominate the news cycle because he literally doesn’t know how to do anything else and it worked so well during the campaign. But that’s only because the new Democratic HOR hasn’t yet ramped up the investigations. Once those start, the news cycle goes back to the Democrats, Mueller and the corruption of Trump and his GOP enablers.

That said, the end game of the shutdown crisis will have to be the national emergency declaration. The reason that Trump hasn’t declared one yet is a) his natural bully personality dictated yelling at Chuck and Nancy and expecting them to just fold (as he usually does, frankly). But, Pelosi knows she has not only 100% backing from her caucus but also a big majority of the public as well. But, there is also b) he fancies himself a master showman and so is doing his usual crappy “in our next exciting episode we’ll see what happens”.

Everyone knows that making the national emergency declaration will almost certainly tie him up in litigation until the end of his Presidency in 2020 if not before. And declaring the emergency automatically requires opening up the government. That’s the only win-win scenario available to him at this point. He hates win-win; prefers “I win-you lose” but that’s not going to happen.

3. FELINE MAMA says:

NO.1 reason the House CANNOT give in to this extortion. What would it be like if another tantrum causing situation arises. Another shutdown. This is gonna be his “negotiating” from now on. Sorry, we don’t have a congress that is for the American People & America instead of the Blackmailer in Chief.

4. retiredeng says:

Make it stop!!

Cue Twilight Zone Music.

6. w3ski4me says:

Quoting “Bones” : “But Jim, his mind, it’s gone!”
    w3ski

7. Redhand says:

“The Democrats, which I’ve been saying all along, they don’t give a damn about crime… They don’t care about gang members coming in and stabbing people and cutting people up.”

My personal favorite. He’s an endless fountain spewing verbal-diarrhea like this. How can Democrat even try to have a civil conversation with such a shit-talker?

• HarpoSnarx says:

I’d start with the Dems apparently care enough about crime to investigate the sh*t out of Fatboy’s squalid and treasonous criminal enterprise.

8. L. D. Dewees says:

Trump: “I’m going to build a big beautiful wall! And who’s going to pay for it?”
    Crowd: “Mexico, indirectly, through a trade deal you haven’t negotiated yet”

Remember those heady days?

9. I was particularly amused by the assertion that the wheel is older than Wall. And that both were invented in the Medieval age….

10. Pyed says:

“I’m a professional at technology” Trump just said on the South Lawn. — Christina Wilkie.

He’s a professional at horse puckery only. And we are up to the rooftops in horse puckey.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s