About Last Night… (UPDATED)

The Fascist Who Cried Wolf

Seething Rage.
(image courtesy Scissorhead MonkeyFister)

Last night Hair Füror used an Oval Office fire-side shat, er, chat, to justify his hair-brained decision to shut down most of the Gubmint until Congress funds the Tortilla Curtain.  He told us—using his pocket Nazi PeeWee Hermann Groerring, er, Stephan Miller’s words that we face a national security crisis and then told some of his most fappable dystopian fantasies and racist smears. Remember his inauguration speech, American Carnage? this was the sequel.

Oh, he also lied a lot.

Over the course of eight eff’ing LONG minutes (longest he’s ever lasted, I’m told), Comrade Stupid sniffled:

• Blamed Democrats for his decision to hold the gubmint hostage:

“The federal government remains shut down for one reason and one reason only: because Democrats will not fund border security.”

• Lied that Dems requested a steel wall rather than concrete barrier.
  • Lied that a border wall would pay for itself.  How exactly? No one knows!
  • Dithered and mewled a laundry list of violent crimes, which he claims is why immigrants want to come here: to hunt gawd-fearin’ white people and kill’em dead in their sleep. I’m only paraphrasing (but not by much). It was vile.

BUT… Comrade Stupid did not declare a National Emergency that many were predicting, which was part of the calculus for why the executives at Our Failed Media decided to give him valuable airtime. In otherwords, the media got played for suckers again.

The rebuttal, sadly, was not given by AOC or Rashida Tlaib. Would have loved to see the ‘sploidy heads if either woman was there. But I digress.

• Pelosi:

“[T]he women and children at the border are not a security threat. They are a humanitarian challenge, a challenge that President Trump’s own cruel and counterproductive policies have only deepened. … President Trump must stop holding the American people hostage and stop manufacturing a crisis.”

• Schumer:

“We don’t govern by temper tantrum. No president should pound the table and demand he gets his way or else the government shuts down.”

Democratics don’t want a wall. We knew this before the networks gave up 30 minutes of their airtime last night. Unsurprisingly, no one made a single concession!

Fox’s Chris Wallace:

“The President tonight was making an offer the Democrat’s can’t accept.”

So what’s next?

1. House Democrats allegedly will pass 7 individual bills to fund 7 /8 of the government departments Comrade Stupid has shuttered.  Essentially everything EXCEPT the Department of Homeland Security.
  2. The lockout of federal employees will continue until Wingnuttia forces Prznint McDeals to cave.

This thing sooner or later is going to land like a house on amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell and he’s either going to own the shut down hisself, or he’s gonna pass it to Prznint Comrade to own. Mitch doesn’t mind being hated (d’uh) but if the Dems can hold the Senate filibusters together so that nothing gets done, Mitch might decide he wants his power back and knife McDeals and allow a Senate vote to happen.

UPDATE 1: This is pretty great – People Bet On How Much Trump Would Lie In His Oval Office Address And Won $276,424

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to About Last Night… (UPDATED)

1. Kiwiwriter says:

I was very surprised by two things in the speech:

That he failed to declare a “National Emergency” to make himself “President-for-Life,” as I was expecting.
    He sounded like he had snorted four rails of cocaine before going live, because of all the sniffling and sniffing.

• I’m almost beginning to believe what I assumed were fake stories about snorting adderal. Also it was short because that’s all the German he could translate from Miller’s original speech…

• Kiwiwriter says:

No question in my mind that this guy does drugs. Booze, not so much.

Oh, for sure. And whatever it is, he mosdef snorts it.

• Kiwiwriter says:

A big reason he

can still have a girlfriend at his age
        doesn’t sleep in the same bed as his wife
        sounds weird
        Can’t find his way around an event

• MDavis says:

Is it the snorting part you were assuming to be fake or the Adderal part?
        I wonder if the sniffles debate against Hillary wasn’t one of his selling points vis a vis his voter base. Like, did they see him sniffle and assume he was one of them?

I just looked up Adderall less than a minute ago:

Adderall, Adderall XR, and Mydayis are combination drugs containing four salts of the two enantiomers of amphetamine, a central nervous system stimulant of the phenethylamine class. Adderall is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. It is also used as an athletic performance enhancer and cognitive enhancer, and recreationally as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant.

2. Bruce388 says:

All I did around 30 minutes after the speech was check to see if we were under martial law. So FatNixon had the sniffles again? The curse of Adderall.

3. HarpoSnarx says:

You don’t see many snuff boxes with an engraved Presidential seal.

4. another kiwi says:

Preznit Sneezy is a walking contraceptive, just by hisself.

5. w3ski4me says:

Ha, he’s trying to keep his nose from leaking! He’s so full of adderall or whatever that he is worried about it leaking out, so he keeps inhaling thru his nose. I knew he was into some kind of drugs. I’ve seen many ‘snorters’ trying to do just that.
    Just Say No, to tRumpo
    w3ski

6. I did NOT watch the show. I was suckered in decades ago for a tour of Al Capone’s Vault accompanied by Jerry Rivers. No more. Never again. Having read the speech and comments, I know I did the right thing. The Missus and I watched an Irish cop show on the Netflix, instead. Much better spent time that was!

• Kiwiwriter says:

I actually SAT through Jerry Rivers displaying his machine-gun skills on a bunch of empty soda bottles. I will never forget the giant mud pile and Rivers walking helplessly away from it, singing “Chicago, Chicago.” He’s a lousy singer, too.

I didn’t want to watch it, by my family turned from the Sopranos’ reruns to it.

As soon as he was done, and they started analyzing the drivel, I headed upstairs and played a little Civilization V…I was busy expanding the British and New Zealand empires when there was a glitch in the game, which erased two or three turns of empire-building, so I went to sleep. Annoying, that.

7. MDavis says:

the update link includes a fact-check link.

From the WaPo fact-check article:
    “Last month, 20,000 migrant children were illegally brought into the United States, a dramatic increase. These children are used as human pawns by vicious coyotes and ruthless gangs.”
    […] What Trump is referring to is CBP’s number for family unit apprehensions, a monthly statistic. […]
    That number was 25,172 in November, the most recent month for which data are available, […]
    Trump describes this as 20,000 children,
    […] Trump describes this as children being smuggled in by coyotes or gangs, […]
    Yeah, no – he claims the children were brought into the US and (then?) used as human pawns. Pretty accurate description of the actions of ICE and the baby jail people. But which group is the coyotes and which is the ruthless gangs? My quatloos are on that order – ICE=Coyotes delivering the kids to The GEO Group (et al)=ruthless gang (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/06/20/company-runs-immigration-detention-centers-top-donor-two-texas-congressmen)
    And now there is a new group of hostages, er, human pawns – everyone affected by the shutdown.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s