The Fascist Who Cried Wolf
I have not heard that much snorting since Studio 54. https://t.co/xO8O3CB7hZ
— Tengrain (@Tengrain) January 9, 2019
Last night Hair Füror used an Oval Office fire-side shat, er, chat, to justify his hair-brained decision to shut down most of the Gubmint until Congress funds the Tortilla Curtain. He told us—using his pocket Nazi PeeWee Hermann Groerring, er, Stephan Miller’s words that we face a national security crisis and then told some of his most fappable dystopian fantasies and racist smears. Remember his inauguration speech, American Carnage? this was the sequel.
Oh, he also lied a lot.
Over the course of eight eff’ing LONG minutes (longest he’s ever lasted, I’m told), Comrade Stupid sniffled:
- Blamed Democrats for his decision to hold the gubmint hostage:
“The federal government remains shut down for one reason and one reason only: because Democrats will not fund border security.”
- Lied that Dems requested a steel wall rather than concrete barrier.
- Lied that a border wall would pay for itself. How exactly? No one knows!
- Dithered and mewled a laundry list of violent crimes, which he claims is why immigrants want to come here: to hunt gawd-fearin’ white people and kill’em dead in their sleep. I’m only paraphrasing (but not by much). It was vile.
BUT… Comrade Stupid did not declare a National Emergency that many were predicting, which was part of the calculus for why the executives at Our Failed Media decided to give him valuable airtime. In otherwords, the media got played for suckers again.
The rebuttal, sadly, was not given by AOC or Rashida Tlaib. Would have loved to see the ‘sploidy heads if either woman was there. But I digress.
“[T]he women and children at the border are not a security threat. They are a humanitarian challenge, a challenge that President Trump’s own cruel and counterproductive policies have only deepened. … President Trump must stop holding the American people hostage and stop manufacturing a crisis.”
“We don’t govern by temper tantrum. No president should pound the table and demand he gets his way or else the government shuts down.”
Democratics don’t want a wall. We knew this before the networks gave up 30 minutes of their airtime last night. Unsurprisingly, no one made a single concession!
Fox’s Chris Wallace:
“The President tonight was making an offer the Democrat’s can’t accept.”
So what’s next?
- House Democrats allegedly will pass 7 individual bills to fund 7 /8 of the government departments Comrade Stupid has shuttered. Essentially everything EXCEPT the Department of Homeland Security.
- The lockout of federal employees will continue until Wingnuttia forces Prznint McDeals to cave.
This thing sooner or later is going to land like a house on amply be-chinned Mitch McConnell and he’s either going to own the shut down hisself, or he’s gonna pass it to Prznint Comrade to own. Mitch doesn’t mind being hated (d’uh) but if the Dems can hold the Senate filibusters together so that nothing gets done, Mitch might decide he wants his power back and knife McDeals and allow a Senate vote to happen.
UPDATE 1: This is pretty great – People Bet On How Much Trump Would Lie In His Oval Office Address And Won $276,424