Old MacDeals Wrecked The Farm, E-I-E-I-OWW!

What, she couldn’t find stiletto Chucks?

We noted a while ago that Comrade McDeal’s easy-to-win Trade Wars were causing havoc with US Agriculture and we were losing markets to Brazil and others (China bought $0 worth of US agriculture products in December), but his shut-down is now roiling Big AG in another way:

“[The shutdown] could wreak havoc on U.S. agriculture, and the rural economy, as farmers wait on subsidy payments, loans and data they need now to make plans for the spring.”

Here’s the thing: you cannot furlough the seasons. Either the crops are planted in time, or they are not. Missing the crucial planting dates (for whatever reason – you don’t have the money to buy the seeds for instance) means the difference between having a harvest and having skyrocketing prices due to scarcity. And it could lead to the US to need to import food.

Think about that.

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, The Miracle of the Trump Economy, Trade Wars. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Old MacDeals Wrecked The Farm, E-I-E-I-OWW!

1. Sort of a corollary to Rule 34: if you can think of it, it exists:

(And I have no doubt there is a real Rule 34 result out there as well. but not gettin off the boat, no way!)

2. Quick, send Eric some fake ‘Orange Juice Futures’ reports! He’s the dumb one who would fall for it…

3. MDavis says:

I sure wish we could grow stuff here. The best we’ll probably be able to do is hanging planters and that little strip of retired irrigation ditch. The rest of the dirt around here is so alkaline that even celery and iris would keep right over. The only things that seem to like it here are goat heads, Russian olive and those weird, tiny scrubby plants that scrape a half-circle in the dirt from the relentless winds.
    We’re gonna starve.

4. FELINE MAMA says:

Hey Mel, why do you & your advisors want to keep putting You in FLOTUS Michelle’s “shoes”?Speeches, Be Best, gardening in the wh garden, etc., STOP IT!!!

5. Condi says:

Dollars to doughnuts the aid who allowed Melanie to expose the aged/wrinkled skin (less than perfect/young) over her medial malleolus is already permanently furloughed…

• Bruce388 says:

After looking up the term, I see what you mean. Hideous.

• Condi says:

Well…hideous may be stretching it (though that’s what I thought the first time I saw wrinkles on the top of my feet near my ankles; “Whose old feet are these?”, I asked, totally in denial.)

It’s just that allowing the publication of a photo of the First Shady as less than perfect is so at odds with how she’s normally presented makes me wonder is a.) her staff is getting sloppy, or b.) they don’t care any more, or c.) both of the preceding?

Also agree with FelineMama; the stalking of Michelle’s image is creepy and needs to be reported, perhaps a restraining order filed.

• Bruce388 says:

Well, no, not hideous. Especially compared to Melanie’s loving husband. She does a good job of keeping herself up, although that’s probably in her contract.

Voice-over:

“We have the technology, we can rebuild her…”

As one of my friends described her, “tits on a stick.”

• MDavis says:

The Trumpian idea of perfection is skewed toward the shallow end – emotionally shallow, gene-pool shallow…

Wouldn’t subsidy payments and data they need now to make plans for the spring be difficult to receive during a gummit shutdown? Sounds like a double whammy.

That’s exactly the problem. The futures forecast is not available, the loans are unavailable, everything that they need to make sound business decisions are unavailable. Agriculture is completely flying blind.