Shut Down Day 15
- At a meeting with Congressional leaders, Prznint Stupid threatened to keep the government shutdown for “months or even years” until he gets the
fundinghostage money he wants for the Tortilla Curtain.
- Comrade Stupid is also considering declaring a state of national emergency to go around Congress to get the funds. Will it work? Opinions Differ!
- Walking termite buffet Mike Pence and other 4th Reich appointees are getting $10,000 pay raises because the shutdown caused a pay freeze to lapse. (Fun side note: Pence says that he will not accept the pay raise, “during the shutdown.” Very carefully parsed, innit?)
- As you probably already know, Comrade Stupid cancelled the scheduled 1.9 percent raise for most federal workers.
- Meanwhile, over 800,000 federal workers will not receive paychecks until the government is reopened.
And I think that is the current state of play. Of course all the services we expect and need are stopped too, and soon SNAP will run out of funds and people, especially children and the elderly will run out of food.