Bad TeeVee, Cont.

My mom would approve. Whatever it takes.

This entry was posted in Bad TV. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Bad TeeVee, Cont.

1. Osirisopto says:

That’s one mean ass spider

2. w3ski4me says:

“Redding ca”? I’ve lived there, they do grow some big assed spiders in that summer heat.
    It might take the whole house ro be sure it died.
    Totally worth it, if you haven’t lived there, you can’t understand.
    w3ski

3. Jim says:

I have spent a significant part of my working life living in tropical countries where there are some large and multi-colored spiders. I love and respect spiders. They are awesome predators mostly against things we humans really don’t like (household insects or crop pests). They’re actually quite beautiful animals. I don’t get why people don’t like them.

• w3ski4me says:

When I was little, I was instructed to “stay away” from such critters. As a single digit old kid in Oklahoma, one of my earliest memories was a “black widow” in the heater vent. As an adult in both Humboldt and Shasta and Calaveras Counties, I have seen some “large” black widows, up close and personal.
      I don’t like spiders. End of story for me.
      w3ski

• Jim says:

I totally respect your feelings but spiders are not aggressive predators, including humans. There are a few dangerous species but they are rare. Most spiders are beneficial and don’t bother humans at all. They are mostly graceful artistic mini-predators. In fact.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I make a HUGE exception for brown recluse spiders. Those fuckers are aggressive and can scar you for life.

Black widows, on the other hand, are non-aggressive. It takes a lot of provocation for them to bite.

4. ming says:

This story had to involve a can of hairspray, a lighter, and a big fat splif.

5. donnah says:

re:spiders…When I was a kid, I liked spiders and praying mantis and grasshoppers. I was never afraid or squicked out by them. We had a “toy” called Creepy Crawlers (anyone remember that?) and it had different colored liquid plastic that you poured into metal molds and baked. There were different insect molds and while the plastic solutions were solid colors like black, red, yellow, and blue, I tinkered with them to create pretty realistic browns and made some really cool bugs. You could also set safety pins in the solution so after they baked, you could wear a fake bug on your shirt.

My prize piece was a very real-looking spider, small, not like a tarantula, and one day I came into the living room to find my mom stomping it like crazy. She was not amused.

6. Art says:

Fair enough trade. Image from location:

7. Bruce388 says:

“I’ve been killing spiders since I was 30.” — Woody Allen

8. FELINE MAMA says:

Maybe he watched “Arachnophobia” too many times. Or grew up with the 50’s atomic bomb fallout movies.? Poor spider.