2020 Goat Rodeo News!

Warren is in, which means the return of the Goat Gifs is imminent.

The 2016 Goat Rodeo!

This entry was posted in 2020 Goat Rodeo, Elizabeth Warren. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to 2020 Goat Rodeo News!

1. Cue the terrible Villager Hot Takes about How We Must Elect A Healer Who Will Listen To The Poor Put-upon Trump Voters and how Turrible, Turrible These Shrill Democrats Are! Don’t They Know Their Silly ‘Medicare for All’ and ‘Green New Deal’ Are Commie Leftist Fairy Tales For A Center-Right Nation?

An example in point: Walter Fucking Why Isn’t HE gone already; we’ve been listening to his turgid opinion for decades now Shapiro’s column today THAT LITERALLY decries the stupid ‘horse race’ metaphor, then goes on to discuss the fucking horse race in detail…down to the ‘starting gun’…

(shorter: Time for the Mommy Party to come in again, roll drunken daddy into bed and try to fix all the horrible shit Daddy did while he was drunk with power. Don’t forget Mommy: Your Job is to be the Healer, She who Brings Us Together, None of that Silly “Things That Benefit Your Side’ stuff. We have a Mess To Clean Up! Get To It, Bitch!)

My local rag elected to put his column on the opinion pages today Top of the page, above some weird extended essay by some English Lit prof about how Time is Like Addresses In Your Memory.

Thankfully the rest of the opinion page was Fitz Re-runs : https://tucson.com/opinion/local/fitz-year-in-review/collection_c3e4a7e0-0b92-11e9-88cb-e369662cce01.html#3

I might be a little cranky today 🙂

2. Ten Bears says:

Great, she played right into Drumpf uck’s hands. Now I get to spend the next two years listening to Our Very Stable Not At All Demented Genius Tea Pot Dictator piss on the assimilated.

I really wish she hadn’t done this.

Yeah, that DNA test was stupid. I’m OK with us having lots of choices for the primary. It will sort itself out. I hope.

• DNA didn’t mean a damn thing. The oncoming misogyny, “Mommy Party” bullshit, and Pocahontas crap was going to come regardless.

Yeah, I have a couple of Twitter friends from Oklahoma who are members of tribes, who’ve explained it many times. It doesn’t mean anything, and yes they are gonna do the whole Pocahontas bs for sure and other sexism and misogyny.

BUT he defined her, she confirmed it, and it was a mistake. He’s going to talk about how she gamed affirmative action programs, and that will stick.

3. swell. Can’t wait for another onslaught of misogyny and ‘Pocahontas’ slurs. Not that I think she shouldn’t; it’s just that the response from the right will be completely predictable, and the framing by the Press Corpse is just as predictable….Incoming tweet from the mango-hued shitgibbon in 3..2..1…

• purplehead says:

That’s why I did not want Hillary Clinton to run. Even though she was probably the most qualified individual to run for that office almost ever, the intense shit-show the Rethugs had been building up for 25 years was going to be the most intense shit-show ever. They were waiting and slavering for it. And, looky, true. I hate those people and that political party with the fire of 20 billion suns.

• I refuse to let fear of what a bunch of bullies, idiots, troglodytes and incels might do dictate doing something. It is time to put misogyny and racism down for good. Maybe this time, we can be poised to push back against the shit deluge,…

I’m not afraid of nominating her, ZRM, it’s just predictable how it is going to go with bullies, idiots, troglodytes and incels.

Also/too: I do not tell anyone what they should do (Telling Hillary taking up knitting still pisses me off); women have their own agency and can (and do) make excellent decisions for themselves.

Lastly, I’m damn certain to support whomever the Democrats nominate to run against Putin, er, Comrade Prznint Trump.

–TG

• I was more responding to purple head, TG. I pretty much agree with your comment.

4. Warren should stay in the Senate and just be grateful she got reelected there. What’s needed is a cool, sharp and unflappable candidate -and Warren’s proved already to be none of those.

5. MDavis says:

We gotta start this already!?!?! Please have some of the goats with pajamas. Oh, and Mr. Imma-Ignore-Him up here^^^, how’s that unflappable Hillary candidate working out for you. Oh, yeah… right.

• Phhhllttt …. Hillary was never my choice, Clinton was what was end-served on the platter and, remembering Ralph Nader & the consequences there vividly, I backed her 100%.
      The gullible Bernie-or-Bust’ers foolishly vilified Clinton (with Russian fed propaganda) as hard as anyone on the extreme right -and shot the left in the foot, advancing the Orange Anus to where that fool is today.
      Avenatti was no candidate but he had a real message for the Democrats -play smart and play hard.

• MDavis says:

Your name shows a link – it is a dead link. I didn’t realize you had a real website until I looked at your full profile. I may have misjudged your avatar.
        But also, too, Avenatti was not a credible candidate during the election Hillary ran in. And, C, she did play smart and hard. Her smart is knowing about a subject, though, she lacks skill in sharing what she knows in statements that fit on a bumper sticker or lapel button. In fairness, some of the subjects she is very knowledgeable in are difficult to distill down to single statements this short. She is also not adept at lying, definitely a liability for USA campaigns.

• Clinton, Warren, et al, are formidably intelligent -not a doubt about it. As book smart as they are what we need is a candidate who is also street smart. Someone quick on their feet who can give better than they got.
        -and yes, we need someone who can be bumper-sticker brief in presenting their ideas and ideals. We need to appeal to the stupid as well as the smart.
        Since we’ve mentioned women so far, Pelosi and Ocasio-Cortez, are great example(s). If I had a wish list, Jon Stewart would be at the top.
        Not being “adept at lying” is not “a liability for USA campaigns” and being too virtuous certainly wasn’t Clinton’s “Achille’s heel”.
        We can fight meaner and harder without lying, we just need tougher (sharper) candidates that resonate better.

• MDavis says:

“Adept at lying” not an asset. Or, lying not an asset. Fair point. But adept at rejoinders, important – it’s the thinking on your feet, something Beto O’Rourke seems to have. I saw a clip of him responding to a question at a campaign stop and he didn’t backtrack a bit on their challenge. He just spit out the “TL;Can’t Bumper Sticker” leading comment and then expanded, defending his position. He got an ovation for it, too.
        Oh, here it is. It was about the NFL players kneeling.

6. Osirisopto says:

goading trump is going to fun