Bad TeeVee, Cont.

Scissorhead MDavis sends us this urgent alert that Eiron, the goddess of Irony, is giggling and lifting a cheek again:

Wikipedia alerts us to the irony:

Bar Rescue is an American reality TV series that premiered on Spike on July 17, 2011 and now airs on Paramount Network. It stars Jon Taffer, a long-time food and beverage industry consultant specializing in nightclubs and pubs, who offers his professional expertise plus renovations and equipment to desperately failing bars in order to save them from closing. In the UK, the show previously aired on 5*, but has since moved to Spike (UK).

So reality teevee dude who “rescues” failing booze operations has advice for Comrade Stupid’s failing reality teevee prznintcy.

This entry was posted in Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, Fox News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Bad TeeVee, Cont.

1. out of two bars he “rescued” in Milwaukee, one is doing….about the same as before. The second one failed for good after barely a year and the building was torn down.

• ….although there were lots of stories floating around among the service industry types about how horrible and abusive he is….

ZRM – so you are saying we should have some hope that his track record will hold up? — TG

• E.A. Blair says:

Which bars were thosw? I recently noticed that a couple of the East Side bars I patronized when I was a UW-M student closed after being in business for forty years.

• one was a suburban strip mall bar that he “Rescued” into an Irish themed piece of crap. I guess the locals who patronized it only had one place to hang out and no one wanted to make it a destination tipple….

the other was the Y-Not III, hidden just off Prospect near North. It was converted to a ’70s theme, kitschy and had like two weekends of the curious making trips, which then fell off precipitously.

• Otherwise, North Avenue has been going through quite a few changes. Lots of new housing and while some f it is student housing, the change in drinking age has changed the fortunes of the student dives on North Avenue. Much of the other new housing is market rate, some of it being rented by people employed by the hospital in its expansion, who have little interest in the puke-strewn debris of a college student weekend. Lots of good places to get drinks now, and good cafes and restaurants though….

• E.A. Blair says:

I never thought that RC’s would close, but the last time I was past there, I saw that it finally bit the dust. Judge’s is gone, and O’Reilley’s Irish Inn is a different place. Of all the North Avenue bars, I liked von Trier’s the best ’cause it was always quieter and more laid back, and it’s still there, as is Hooligan’s, which is probably the longest-running bar in the area. Of course the real tragedy of North Avenue was the loss of Pizza Man. The food at the new Pizza Man is just as good as it ever was, but it doesn’t have the eccentric charm. The UW-M Gasthaus had $2.00 pitchers in the 1970s; it’s still in the Union basement, but it’s nothing like it used to be.

I live in Riverwest, and there are still a few good neighborhood-style bars within a short stagger from my house. The Tracks is another place that is still chugging along, but they should consider changing the place’s name since the railroad’s been gone for twenty years or more.

I used to go to the Y-Not (the original one) quite a bit, but I don’t know if it’s still there. The Y-Not II is still going, though. I was able to take advantage of the lowered drinking age, and, fortunately, was past 21 when they raised it. In fact, for my first semester of college, I was 17, but most bars accepted a student ID. In my second fresshman semester, my organic chem lab class ended at 5:00 and we followed it up with weekly pub crawls – me and a dozen or so young women.

2. of course, screwing up booze operations has got to appeal to the Great Orange due to its similarity in the ability to fuck up a casino….

3. HarpoSnarx says:

Well I think we have a new Chief of Staff . . . IF Jarvanka signs off.

4. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Well, booze sales have gone up since Vulgarmort became president…

Yes, treating the government like it’s a failed business venture is an excellent idea. Trump knows all about those.