The Spy Who Shagged Thee, Cont.

Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac

Boom.

“Maria Butina has pleaded guilty in a D.C. federal court to conspiracy charges alleging that she acted as an unregistered foreign agent on behalf of the Russian government. She has agreed to cooperate with U.S. authorities and faces up to five years in prison.

“The big picture: In a copy of the plea deal obtained earlier this week by ABC News, Butina admitted that she and her American boyfriend, Republican operative Paul Erickson, agreed and conspired with a Russian government official to seek to “establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.” One of the ways Butina allegedly developed relationships with American politicians was through her involvement with the NRA. She is the first Russian national convicted for seeking to influence U.S. politics during the 2016 campaign.”

The Russian tea awaits!

This entry was posted in Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Spy Who Shagged Thee, Cont.

1. Bruce388 says:

And the hits just keep on comin’.

2. Scottie says:

So not only is she implicating her wealthy “boyfriend” but she is also admitting they used the NRA, who it seems was aware and willing to be used as it gained them money and potential power. Hugs

3. Jim says:

Butina’s NRA operations in the US were financed by Konstantin Nikolaev, a Russian oligarch (of course) with close ties to the FSB (successor top the KGB) and to Vlad the Enforcer, once Comrade Stupid’s BFF. She should be able to show Mueller how the NRA committed treason and campaign finance violations on a major scale to support not only Trump but also a bunch of GOP pols running for re-election in 2016.

4. moeman says:

The Russian pee awaits!

Yep, I went there.

5. Redhand says:

I have linked to that cartoon before myself. I think of it as the graphic description of Trump and his horrible, treasonous Presidency.

As for Butina, I wonder how it feels pleading guilty to espionage. At the very least, I think we can classify it as a “major life event” for little Ms. “I am the Gun Lobby.”

I pray that this also signals the beginning of the end for the NRA.

6. purplehead says:

I thought this speculation was quite interesting:

…if she is cooperating with the idea she will be sent back to Russia she is possibly doing it with the permission of Putin. The idea being all she is really doing is causing more turmoil here. More charges. More people implicated. More conflict and more investigations of more politicians.

If you think that has really been the plan all along it sort of makes sense.

Have to say it would make no sense at all to me if she thinks there is a possibility she will be sent back to a hostile Putin. What ever they would do to her here seems likely to be a walk in the park compared to what he might do.