Grifters Gotta Grift

Blow is an expression Ivanka.

The AP tells us

“The Opportunity Zone program promoted by Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner — both senior White House advisers — could … benefit them financially, an Associated Press investigation found. …

“Trump and Kushner jointly own a big stake in a real estate investment firm, Cadre, that recently announced it is launching a series of Opportunity Zone funds that seek to build major projects under the program from Miami to Los Angeles. Separately, the couple owns interests in at least 13 properties held by Kushner’s family firm that could qualify for the tax breaks because they are in Opportunity Zones in New Jersey, New York and Maryland — all of which, a study found, were already coming back.”

Strange how this coinkydink feathernesting keeps happening with Jar-Jarvanka. What are the odds?

This entry was posted in Fratsputin Jared Kushner, Grifters Gotta Grift, Ivanka-ka, The First Shady, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Grifters Gotta Grift

1. Dennis Cole says:

Going off topic again, (and more than just slightly, but I gotta get this off my chest.)

Not only is Mexico NOT gonna pay for the Wall, tRump just asked Congress for $30 BILLION to GIVE to Mexico, for Economic Development in Southern Mexico, as a means of stopping future caravans from coming any further North.

Now, I’m all in favor of the idea behind this plan, but shouldn’t it be a LOAN, and not just a giveaway? And I’m betting that not ONE of you have heard about this, or read it in a newspaper, (which is where I found it,) or saw it mentioned on the TV News.

• osirisopto says:

A development zone in Southern Mexico?
      And Trump is promoting it?

Its got to be government money cause no one would be that foolish with their own.

• Dennis Cole says:

Yes, it’s gov’t. $$$ – OUR TAXPAYER $$$!!!1!. And I’m willing to wager some of the Quatloos I’ve won from previous bets, that there are contractors already signed up to begin the arduous process of applying for more $$$, and more time to complete the werkz. Cost overruns and delays are all part of the “game,” when it comes to winning gov’t. contracts.

• osirisopto says:

Dennis Cole,

It’s been my experience that for Gov contracts you underbid your ass off then milk the cost overruns for every penny you can get.

Sure lost bidder get s the job, but that doesn’t mean the Gov pays the lowest price.

Dennis –

One of the sad by-products of NAFTA was that it dumped US-taxpayer subsidized agriculture (think commodity crops like corn) on the peasant agriculture economies of Central America and Mexico. Essentially overnight these farmers had no market for their crops, and wiped them out, and so they did what people always do: they migrated. Or they changed crops into something, shall we say, more lucrative (and thus the drug wars were born).

I’ve long said that if we wanted to actually fix immigration, one of the first steps would be to quit dumping corn south of the border, and fix NAFTA, put in protections for labor regardless of where it is and shore up the environmental impact by bringing these other economies up to a common standard, rather than sliding down to one. Sadly this is exactly what we did NOT do.

I have no idea about this $30B Amereos project, have not heard a word about it, and I wonder who does know more. It doesn’t sound like Trump to give money away.

PS – Go off topic anytime you feel like it. This is fascinating.

2. Alison Redford says:

Thank you!! I haven’t seen it anywhere else (and I read a lot,) and this is a thing I would strongly support, though I hate that it’s this president; he’s certainly going to invest in the econ. dev., and it will likely end harmfully. But, generally, I think we should give more money to more countries,, instead of using sanctions and military to try to achieve whatever.

But, I’m a big flaming liberal who doesn’t know anything, and needs a blood transfusion every day because of my bleeding heart… 😉

3. Dennis Cole says:

Here’s just one link I found; there are several more, but this should suffice:

[mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexico-will-invest-us-30-billion-to-curb-migration/]

And I hope you notice the sub-head:
    “Details regarding the source of the funds and how they will be spent have not been revealed.”

I think a Huarache Factory re-using old car tires would be a good start. Pinatas, anyone? Fireworks?