BREAKING: Plea Deal For Spy Who Shagged Thee

CNN

“Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to have reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors.

“Butina is accused of trying to infiltrate Republican political circles and party leaders during the 2016 campaign in order to advance Russian interests, and prosecutors have said the former American University student was in touch with politically powerful Russians about her activities in the US.

“Her attorneys and prosecutors on Monday filed a two-page request for a “change of plea” hearing as soon as Tuesday.”

Presumably, Butina is part of the conduit for Rubles from Russia to the NRA that then financed an unprecedented campaign for the Russian Usurper? Or maybe she was just in influencer shagging the small fish on her way to the big fish?

This entry was posted in Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to BREAKING: Plea Deal For Spy Who Shagged Thee

1. I’ve always wondered if she ever tried to get them to go moose or squirrel hunting with her….

2. w3ski4me says:

Just amazing to begin to see how far the Ruskies have gotten in directing our political efforts.
    I am not a rabid “anti red”, I think we all have to get along, but this kind of political interference is looking really sick.
    w3ski

3. Osiris Opto says:

Will the knife she sticks in trumps back hav VP engraved on the handle, or the blade?

4. Redhand says:

I’m married to a Russian so I’m not “prejudiced.” To me, it’s just possible that she was a dumbass who didn’t realize that she was “a spy” and had an agent disclosure requirement, but I am not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on that score.

However, the fed. prosecutors have retracted their claim that screwing her marks was part of her M.O. Accused Russian Spy Maria Butina Didn’t Actually Trade Sex for Power, Prosecutors Say.

5. Kiwiwriter says:

Let’s not forget that her boss was “Fearless Leader,” and they came from “Pottsylvania.”

6. Redhand says:

I can’t resist! “Tell them is fake news, work of moose and squirrel.”

Guess this means she’ll be spending more time with her family.

8. Jim says:

Butina was definitely part of the Russia-NRA funding operation but her bigger role appears to have been actively aiding the Trump campaign through provocative actions though I doubt Trump knew who she was (aside from the FL incident). She was possibly self-directed or directed by someone else in the campaign. We’ll know soon enough.

• Redhand says:

We’ll know soon enough.

Agreed. This plea has the potential of being a huge hit to Trump and the GOP from another quarter, just as they are reeling from the blows coming out of SCO and SDNY. I sure hope it is, and a mortal strike against the NRA — a truly evil organization if there ever was one — as well. Get the popcorn!

9. Spocko says:

I think you will like my Boris and Natasha references in this video.

• Osiris Opto says:

Being an old cold warrior I am dismayed at the degree of infiltration that has been allowed to occur.

The spooks aren’t doing their jobs the way I would expect them to.

I was just a black box monkey. So who am I to say?

• Condi says:

Same here, though I console (kid) myself with the conceit that the Alphabet Agencies are actually “running” the spies in much the way we let totally PWND switches/FWs/servers stay on the network as honeypots. But that’s a deep game and can turn on you in a Planck…