PSA – Sign Up For Healthcare

¡SNAP!

President Stupid has worked hard (hahaha, he doesn’t work hard) to ensure that as few people as possible are aware of the ACA enrollment deadline of December 15, and as many people as possible are discouraged from signing up—and his evil plan is working.

Next year’s enrollment is on track to fall by 800,000 because Comrade Trump:

• Cut the advertising budget by 90 percent
  • Signed a the Billions for Billionaires bill, which eliminated the penalty for not being insured
  • Flooded the market with junk plans
  • Distracted the media by daily grifting/crimes (OK, he was gonna do this anyway)

Sign up TODAY for the sake of your health, and to deny Prznint Stupid the satisfaction of watching you die. Bonus: you’ll live to see him impeached.

[Ed. – Keeping this on top because we at MPS want to see the Scissorheads thrive for years to come. Fresher posts below, maybe? — TG]

This entry was posted in Affordable Care Act, Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to PSA – Sign Up For Healthcare

1. w3ski4me says:

To add my own ‘side bitch’ here. I’ve been on Medical for like 12 years and never had a copay or anything. Now I am starting Medicare and they want close to 200 bucks a month? I only get my Social Security of 960 and they now want a chunk of that? WTF? I also now have to copay for my 5 meds every month. This does not seem like a deal to me.
    w3ski

• MDavis says:

Look into the Medicare Advantage options. I’m not there, but I have a financially savvy co-worker who is. She pays her Advantage premiums and it covers everything she needs. Her budget sounds like it has more available for this than yours does, but it doesn’t hurt to look, right?

2. 9thousandfeet says:

Yeah.
    Do it.
    As a point of reference, the ACA silver plan that will go into effect here at Casa 9thousandfeet will cost this household precisely nothing. Zero. Zilch.
    Last year it was about $80 per month. The year before about $65.
    Since the ACA went into effect, those policies have paid out over a half million dollars in medical costs, with more than 95% of them in the last 12 months.
    I’m literally still breathing because of that, and while I’ve been derailed by a crapton of medical emergencies over the last year, I have now almost recovered enough energy to resume normal activities. There’s even a real good chance I might live long enough to piss on Donald Trump’s grave. Can’t ask for more than that.

Prior to the ACA nobody in this household was able to afford any coverage at all. Without it, given all the recent givens, I’d be living under a freeway overpass by now.
    I am not exaggerating.

3. MDavis says:

I’ve been stalling out of nerves on this. It’s the instability. Will my income requirements change? Will the premium coverage decide not to cover? Will I suddenly owe $12K+ at the end of this year or next? It’s kind of nerve wracking. But I guess I gotta do it.

4. donnah says:

Hubby and I are still shopping. Our current plan doubles for the coming year, from $250 to $500/mo. That’s a lot for us. So we’ll keep looking until we find the right fit.

5. 9thousandfeet says:

I don’t know how it all works in those states which don’t have their own exchanges. I have no experience with dealing directly with the Fed website.
    But here in Colorado there are legions of insurance agents on tap who will sort through all the options for you at no cost. The guy we use works out of Florida, and don’t ask me how the hell that all works because I don’t know, but he charges us nothing and digs around to come up with a plan from those offered on the state exchange that fits our needs.
    It’s all been pretty painless for us actually. As I said, this next year we’ll have a silver plan (covers everything pretty much) with a $1K deductible (per year, not per claim) that is Health Savings Account compatible and completely embraces all local providers and primary care people.
    The ACA subsidy this time around covers the entire premium cost.

That said, our neighbor whose household income exceeds the subsidy threshold, and who just had a kidney transplant, and whose daughter is now also diagnosed with a costly inherited kidney malady, is getting hosed for premiums which actually cost more than our household income per month for a family plan. So there’s still a long way to go before the US has a system that even remotely aligns with those found in just about all other technological modernities on the planet.

We’ve been very lucky to fall in that “sweet spot” for which the ACA has been literally a life saver. It’s all still a fucked-up mess for those less fortunate.

• ming says:

My wife and will spend more than $23,000 on health insurance next year for crappy plans with high deductibles. Providing coverage for my employees is also becoming unsustainable. We are not rich. Something has got to change.

• MDavis says:

Last year we had four options here in Nevada. They were all the same company and the cheapest was just over $1.1K per month, with a $6K deductible. If we didn’t qualify for the rebate we could never have afforded it.
      This year we’re up to five options this year, all the same company again and the cheapest is over $1.2K per month with, again, a $6K deductible. I can get a subsidy to cover most of it, but… Is this normal? This is just for me, hubby already has coverage. I have heard of other states that charge a lot less than this, if I understand what people are saying.

• ming says:

This is also the reality in Colorado if you don’t qualify for subsidy. It’s a perverse incentive to work a lot less if you are near the threshold. Add coverage for a few employees and it requires another 75K/year. It would be easy to throw in the towel at this point.

6. Jim says:

The GOP Congress and the Trump Administration are sociopaths and corrupt criminals. Same with the state-level GOPs as we’ve seen with the coups-d’etat in NC, WI and MI. I have a sister who was an assist. DA for Milwaukee Co. and she is beyond furious and so are a lot of otther cheese-heads. She feels this is going to take years to litigate. This is the basic GOP strategy for everything: scorched earth warfare (and, yes, they see it as an ideological and inter-generational war). That being the case, Democrats have to fight like it’s their existence at stake because it is and the majority of Americans.

And healthcare is the Battle of Stalingrad and the GOP are the Nazi/Wehrmacht.

• MDavis says:

I just don’t see what they get out of destroying what little health care support we have. I know you just said they see it as a war, but what is the ideology that is driving it?
      We can still get copies of Bulworth but would that purchase put us on some stupid public enemies list?

7. Pingback: Wrong Trump Forecasts, Refugee Cycle, Tear Gas Kids, the Funeral – FairAndUNbalanced.com

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s