Eat the Rich, cont.

Ray Dalio (who founded Bridgewater Associates and has an estimated net worth of $18.1 billion) warned  the (probably well-marbled) attendees of the Summit investment conference that the plutocrats will be the first eaten during the class war that will arise between the have and the have-nots during the next downturn.

Barron’s reports:

In his speech this week, he cited a Federal Reserve survey statistic that 40% of U.S. households could not raise $400 in case of emergency without selling something.

“We might not have contact with those people, but that is a reality,” Dalio told the crowd, who paid thousands of dollars to sit on the Palace Theater’s velvet seats and hear him speak.

The current polarization—both politically and socially—is most analogous to the 1930s, he argued. “It has to be dealt with,” Dalio said, saying if he were running things, he’d declare the wealth gap and opportunity gap a “national emergency.”

Really?

“But I fear that probably will not be done by the next time we have a downturn, and I fear for what that conflict is going to be like.”

And in related news, Hotel’s underwater villa costs $50,000 per night.

Pass the mustard, please.

This entry was posted in Bankster Bastards, Bastards, blood sucking leeches, CEO Bastards. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Eat the Rich, cont.

1. w3ski4me says:

At least someone sees what is going on. I live near more deer than people but starvation is not something that I will accept. I am only half joking here, in that “they” are likely filled with many cancers and toxins.
    They should be very worried.
    w3ski

2. Pass the mustard, please.

Barbecue sauce is traditional for (long) pork…

3. Debbie says:

If and When the Trump base understands what is going on they will turn all that hate Trump riled up on Trump and his buddies.

• osirisopto says:

No, they’ll be the ones begging for crumbs off the table, their daughters will “dance” for “dinner”.
      And they’ll believe they’re better off than those who are on the other side of the palace gates.

I don’t think so, Debbie, tho I wish it were true. Driftglass says that the are reprogrammable meat puppets which makes the think of Asimov’s Three Rules for Robots:

1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2) A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

I think Rules for Republicans is probably something similar; just replace the word “human” with Republican, and the word “Robot” with Possum Hollar (or Driftglass’ “Meat Puppet”) and it maybe works?

4. mcdee says:

“We might not have contact with those people…” Reminds me of Will Rogers take on Calvin Cooledge : “Every one I come in contact with is doing well. If they are not doing well, I do not come in contact with them.”

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

He knows that Joe and Jane Schmo are seeing footage of multimillion dollar homes going up in flames, and he’s afraid they’ll get ideas.

6. retiredeng says:

Mustard?? I’ll have mine with garlic and herbs. Thanks.

7. osirisopto says:

Learn the lessons of the past? Hell no.

Who fears guillotines when you have gated communities guarded by peons who are so piss poor they have to sleep in their car?

8. moeman says:

Le gâteau c’est moi.

9. Nangleator says:

I got bad news about trying to sell things. You can’t sell things anymore. Doesn’t work.

10. MDavis says:

Why did they pay thousands of dollars for this speech? Was it to feel that frisson of fear as he spoke of the unwashed masses, who far outnumber the rich? Was it the simple reminder that they are better than us? The proof for that is that they have more money.
    Really, I don’t get it. What were they expecting when they paid for this privilege? Did they get what they paid for?

11. RWW says:

Hmmm, makes me wonder about all that potato slop Reverend Whatshisname sells to the rubes. Zombified deplorables will get hungry too and might not just settle for side dishes.

12. Dennis Cole says:

I’m afraid my Cardiologist has warned me against consuming anyone with a BMI higher than normal, so I’ll just have to skip that particular lunch line.