Message of the Day: VOTE

Still, she persisted.

‘Grain says…

You are all heroes to me, and heroes never let the monster win.

Today is election day, and whatever the results may be, the outcome will be seen as a referendum on Comrade Stupid, the Russian Usurper.

Prznint Stupid will proclaim victory if Republicans defy the polling and manage to keep control of the House of Representatives.

If the fabled blue wave breaks and we surf to victory, fingers (probably the middle ones) will be pointed at his orange tuft.

Midterm elections are a chance to grade the president’s performance. For Prznint Stupid, given his extensive campaigning and a much-criticized ad, the midterms are totally about him.

In his own words:

“I want you to vote. Pretend I’m on the ballot.”

“Hold my beer,” he didn’t say…

Regardless, go vote as if your very life depends on it. Someone’s life does depend on your vote. As I said above, you are all heroes, and heroes never let the monsters win.

For some perspective, we have 728 days until the 2020 election. This is your best chance to be heard.

(Housekeeping Note: I’m still in New Orleans, and will be at a social event tonight. I might be able to sneak in a Tweet or two, but no live blogging.)

This entry was posted in 2018 Pie Fight, 2020 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Message of the Day: VOTE

1. donnah says:

I voted a couple of weeks ago and I have been heartened by the surge of early votes and the confidence of the Democratic candidates across the country. I’m proud that so many voters have spoken out, donated money, and spent countless hours canvassing and volunteering. Today in my hometown of Dayton, Ohio, bus rides are free, to encourage voting.

It will be a long, tortuous day. Many states will have terrible weather, always a problem for voter turnout. But this election bears the weight of so many issues; we cannot take anything for granted and we cannot lose hope.

So this is it. I hope goodness and decency prevail today. I hope we score big wins and we get new representatives who speak for us. I am exhausted, frustrated, angry and scared, but I want to wake up tomorrow with a fresh new perspective and hope for our future.

2. Dennis Cole says:

Jim Wright has a terrific response on his FB page to Preznit Stupid’s Tweet ” that law enforcement has been “strongly notified” to watch for “ILLEGAL VOTING.” He promised that anyone caught voting improperly would be subjected to “Maximum Criminal Penalties.”
    And good old Beauregard chimed in: Sessions, in a statement laying out the Justice Department’s plans to monitor ballot access on Election Day, said “fraud in the voting process will not be tolerated. Fraud also corrupts the integrity of the ballot.”

If only we had something like the Gestapo, who could send “overseers” to monitor your vote, to make sure you were voting correctly…

3. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I opened up the workplace at 5AM for the poll workers, and it’s been jumping since the polls opened at 6. A lot of people are bringing their kids, many of them are taking photos with their kids in front of the ‘Vote Here’ sign.

A co-worker who was here to vote felt faint and the EMTs had to bring her to a local hospital. It was during the town shift change, so practically the entire police force responded.

4. ming says:

“Prznint Stupid will proclaim victory regardless.” – Fixed it for you T.G.

Tomorrow’s another day Trumpland and the stupidity will still be at volume 11 no matter what happens. If the Dims win the house, it will be a step in the right direction but there is a long struggle ahead. There’s lots of fuckery that can be accomplished in a lame duck session and you know the kakistocracy ain’t going away without a fight.

On the bright side, Darrel Issa conceded about the the time the Polls opened this morning, so enjoy it where you find it.

5. Sirius Lunacy says:

I voted this morning, I also got at least four people who were not previously inclined to do so to go vote. I have been pushing ten people from my workplace to do so. Six of which had never even registered before. I haven’t gotten confirmation on whether the other six voted yet. I’m confident at least three of those will. They are all youngsters, so hopefully they are voting for the right people.

6. another kiwi says:

Good luck, ‘Murica.

7. mcdee says:

If the odious Steve Pearce loses the Governor’s race here in NM, something devoutly to be wished, it’ll be a two-fer : He won’t be Governor and he won’t be back in Congress. Turnout as of 1030am was running about even with the June primary when we had a big turnout in Santa Fe County.

8. w3ski4me says:

My Lady and I brought our nails for the rethug coffin and placed them carefully. I can only hope that scummy idea dies a horrible death.
    w3ski

9. ming says:

Happy Fuck Off Trump Day! I didn’t get everything I wanted, but the House and my new Democratic representative and gay governor are a big middle finger to the Orange Moron. Huzza! Be gracious winners my ass. Let the subpoenas begin.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s