Just do it!

For those of you who believe that elections come down to choosing the lesser of two evils: Congratulations! You hold the cards in next week’s election.

The latest USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll shows that voters who don’t like either party or its leaders are leaning toward Democrats.

In the 2016 Goat Rodeo, you in the “hold your nose and vote” Party helped hand Trump the victory. Those who stayed home, smug in their purity also handed Trump his victory.

This entry was posted in 2018 Pie Fight. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Vote!

1. Sirius Lunacy says:

I will be holding my nose and voting this year. My polling location is close enough to the river that the smell of dead fish will likely be noticeable. The fish are dead largely due to the policies of the Republicans that have been in power in this state for as long as I can remember. The good news is that In just the last month they have all suddenly become champions of the environment. Much like they have become champions of pre-existing conditions. Yes, DAMMIT go vote!!!

• MDavis says:

That is not good news, that is camouflage. Alas.

• Sirius Lunacy says:

Yes, I meant ‘good news’ in the most sarcastic way.

• MDavis says:

Yep, the “Much like they have become champions of pre-existing conditions” statement kind of gives it away. The sad part is I don’t expect their base to notice the hypocrisy and cynicism. Let me amend that – they won’t notice it or else they will recognize it as a ploy to get the suckers to vote for them and quietly cheer it on until after the results are in. Then they will cheer loudly the votes that went their way and cry ‘voter fraud’ for every vote that did not go their way.

2. donnah says:

I repeat myself here, but cast your vote, make sure that friends, family, and neighbors cast their votes, offer to drive someone to the polls if they can’t make it alone, volunteer to help at the polls on Election Day, donate doughnuts, coffee, snacks to polling place workers…make voting a big deal because it IS a big deal.

Imagine the Statue of Liberty with her head cut off, and you’ll understand that it’s a big deal.

3. MDavis says:

I had to hold my nose and vote because we had to vote for at least one despicable person without any other option. Some races had ‘none of these’ options, but there were about 6 with just one choice. Not voting for those gets your ballot thrown out, so nose held, voted.

• purplehead says:

Um, where do you live that the ballots are thrown out if you don’t check any boxes? How can that be legal?

• MDavis says:

“You must complete the entire ballot”
        On the other hand, paper ballots are used, so it’s harder to hack the vote via voting machine.
        Oh, and it is Nevada. It says “pick one in each category” although some categories do have a “none of these” options.

• purplehead says:

M.Davis – Cripes, sometimes there is a whole page of unopposed Rethugs for various local positions on the ballot here, and since I have an innate inability to fill in an oval with an “R” next to it, that whole page will be left blank. Here (in Warshington state), that will count, for nothing. We also have paper ballots, and state-wide postage-paid mail-in voting.

• MDavis says:

Purplehead – it can be painful, but since there is just one option then not voting will not change the results. There are other races on the ballot that need a vote so I don’t even look, I just fill in the little oval.
        We’ve been living with this weird situation for a few years now, so I have zero minus umpty sympathy (used to be straight zero) for purity ponies who think it is fine to throw mud and otherwise sit out an election because they didn’t get their way.