More, Please

This entry was posted in 2018 Pie Fight. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to More, Please

1. Dennis Cole says:

TG – I doubt if you’ll mind, but I shared this with my fellow Faceboogers just now. It will hopefully pique some interest, and gain you some readership, but more than that, it also might open some eyes, and kick some functioning brain cells into gear.

Dennis

2. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

I sure hope that Taylor Swift’s political statement drives young women to the polls.

Me too.

I was on the campus at UW weekend before last and there were a lot of Yutes trying to sign up people to vote, which encouraged me until I saw a gaggle of young women scorn the guy and talked each other as they walked away about how there’s never anything worth voting for.

Broke my heart.

That said, at my bookclub, I gave everyone the link to register to vote ONLINE here in WA. I watched 2 young women register, and later a handful of others sent me a thank you note. I think my tally of new voters is around 10, as of today.

• Alison Redford says:

Good work! I got 3, Friday, and they each took some forms to turn around and help some more. Here’s hoping.

• Redhand says:

That’s impressive, TG

MeetUp suggested it, and it worked. I didn’t think it up, but I did do the 10 minutes of research on the WA S.of.State that made the difference. I figured that since most new arrivals in Seattle are probably techies, giving them the fast, online way to register was the best route.

A lot of MeetUp groups are sort of like the welcome wagon, and people new to the area attend and make friends. It was sort of easy pickings.

• Nangleator says:

Taylor’s efforts might not be as impactful as Shithole’s reaction to her efforts.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s