Kamala-Kavanaugh, Round 1!

Kiss me, you fool!

California Senator Kamala Harris had Kavanaugh on the ropes:

The moment where she says, “Be sure about your answer, sir.,” is pure prosecutorial drama. She leaves him sputtering.

I do not know if Harris suspects that Kavanaugh is in a pay-to-play scheme for a lifetime appointment, but it seems clear to me that is what she is driving at. I don’t think that there is any doubt that he is a right wing idealogue if not an apparatchik.

Maybe she’s setting up a lying to the Senate scenario for a later impeachment?

BREAKING:

“Sen. Cory Booker announced at the start of Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Supreme Court confirmation hearing for Brett Kavanaugh that he would publicly release “committee confidential” documents.”

“I am going to release the email about racial profiling. And I understand that the penalty comes with potential ousting from the Senate. And if Sen. Cornyn believes that I violated Senate rules, I openly invite and accept the consequences…the emails being withheld from the public have nothing to do with national security.”
— Sen. Cory Booker
This entry was posted in Brett Kavanaugh, supreme court. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Kamala-Kavanaugh, Round 1!

1. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

He looked like a fish flopping on a dock after she gaffed him.

2. RWW says:

Some observations:
    1 – Kavanaugh has a great memory and capacity for details until it’s convenient not to.
    2 – Kavanaugh can’t possibly answer hypothetical questions or talk about cases and controversies that may conceivably come before him in court, yet he regularly lectures, writes opinion pieces for journals, speaks at rightwing confabs from coast to coast under the auspices of the Federalist Society and the topics he discusses are what?
    3 – Kavanaugh remembers talking to “other judges” about the Mueller investigation, but not anyone else, and he would need to see a “roster” of names from a lawfirm before he could rule out never having spoken to any of them, despite the fact that no “judges” will be found on that list.
    4 – What did Kavanaugh discuss with “judges” or unknown others about the Mueller case and why if he could offer opinions and observations about the case to those persons, can’t he also answer questions from Senators on the same subject at his confirmation hearing?
    5 – I guess if Comrade Stupid were ever questioned by Mueller as to whom he colluded with from the Kremlin, his go-to response will be to demand a roster listing everyone who ever worked there before he’d be able to answer.
    6 – Kamala Harris has his nuts in a vise and I hope she keeps tightening.

3. Dennis Cole says:

Kamala was formerly the AG of my home state, CA, and one thing I’ve noticed about her is that she only dons her Wonder Woman costume when it suits her aspirations, mostly political. (Our first female Pres.?) We can only wait and speculate, but then it would be irresponsible not to.
    I will give her one measly kudo, instead of several, as she clearly possesses a lager pair than the majority of her cohorts, and I’m not referring to chesticles here.

4. HarpoSnarx says:

“Maybe she’s setting up a lying to the Senate scenario for a later impeachment?”
    It’s certainly what the Treason Party would do. The Gooper Supremos spell as dirty and corrupt as the other two rotting branches.

5. Oh please Mr Grassley try to kick out the quite popular Cory Booker on this bullshit. Please. That would turn the Blue Tsunami into the Blue Chicxulub Extinction Event for the GOP.

I hope.

6. MDavis says:

Metastasizing Rabbits is a name in search of a meaning, here. Law firm? Garage band? Book about overpopulation issues?

7. moeman says: