Manafort Jury Finds Him Guilty…

…of 8 out of 18 Charges.

The Judge rules a mistrial on the other 10 charges, so there will be more news to come.

Hat tip to Scissorhead D-Cap for the meme idea.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Manafort Jury Finds Him Guilty…

1. moeman says:

Ostriches may outlive him.

2. Dennis Cole says:

WTF. I thought the prosecution presented irrefutable evidence on all 18 counts, but then again, I thought back on 11/8/16 that the mango-hued shit-gibbon could NEVER be elected. I guess living in a Liberal Enclave in No. Cal., I’m not as exposed to the loonies that helped elect him, as if I were in the Rust Belt, or the South.
    “People are crazy, sometimes are strange,
    I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range……
    I used to care, but
    Things have changed.”
    -Robert Zimmerman

3. As we speak sirens are wailing and the emergency broadcast system will be blaring, warning us about the Force 10 Twittershit storm headed our way, about 3AM.

Hide yo children! Hide yo wives!

Meanwhile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRPW3RAQXY

It feels good to win one once in a while…

4. revzafod says:

5. RWW says:

Maybe disgraced Dr. Ronnie Jackson can proclaim a 200 year lifespan for Manafort like he did for Hair Furor, and then Manafort might conceivably live more halfway through his 240 year sentence.

6. ming says:

As satisfying as it may be to see Manafort and Cohen do the perp walk, I still don’t think that there is any proof of direct connection to criminal activities that would cause republicans to allow impeachment of the Orange Treason Weasel. I just get more pissed as the evidence piles up and congress does nothing.

• 9thousandfeet says:

Me too.
      At this point I doubt seriously if any evidence would allow impeachment in the House unless it flips in November, nor can I picture any imaginable Senate after the midterms mustering 2/3 majority to convict.
      Another of those many things I’ll prefer to be wrong about.

7. Bruce388 says:

Bernie Madoff may get released before Big Paulie.

8. MDavis says:

If a mistrial is ruled on some charges but not others, does that mean that the trial is split in two? I mean, does that mean that the verdicts on charges decided stand, and stand apart from the ones not decided? Does this also mean that the charges ruled mistrials can then be retried?
    I’m probably gonna feel stupid when I find out how this works.

MDavis –

Mistrials are not found innocent verdicts, so yes, those charges can be retried while the guilty verdicts do stand.

I think it is up to the prosecution to determine if they want to retrial those charges.

• MDavis says:

Thanks. Later reading has borne this out. Also, as of this writing I haven’t see that a decision has been made on how to proceed. I’m glad the guilty verdicts don’t get thrown out with the bathwater,though. So to speak.