Exciting News From The Kremlin West!

The movers and the shakers in the White House

So maybe the Kremlin West does read the FAKE NEWS!!1!

“President Trump’s lawyers do not know just how much the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, told the special counsel’s investigators during months of interviews, a lapse that has contributed to a growing recognition that an early strategy of full cooperation with the inquiry was a potentially damaging mistake.”

“The president’s lawyers said on Sunday that they were confident that Mr. McGahn had said nothing injurious to the president during the 30 hours of interviews. But Mr. McGahn’s lawyer has offered only a limited accounting of what Mr. McGahn told the investigators, according to two people close to the president.

“That has prompted concern among Mr. Trump’s advisers that Mr. McGahn’s statements could help serve as a key component for a damning report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, which the Justice Department could send to Congress, according to two people familiar with the discussions.”

So they’ve gone from “so what” to “oh, what” to “oh, shit.”

LATimes morning email thing sums the weekend up nicely:

In a series of tweets, President Trump indicated he is unconcerned about a New York Times report that White House Counsel Donald McGahn has cooperated extensively with the special counsel investigation. Saying “I have nothing to hide,” Trump tweeted that he allowed the testimony and that McGahn is not a “rat” like John Dean, who helped bring down President Nixon. The report and Trump’s reaction come amid the pending verdict for his former campaign manager Paul Manafort on tax evasion and bank fraud charges, the release of former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman’s allegation-filled book, a furor over the president revokingformer CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance, Rudy Giuliani saying “truth isn’t truth,” and more. So much for the August doldrums.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Exciting News From The Kremlin West!

Whitehouse Legal Team v.5.4 will never be able to repair the damage done by Whitehouse Legal Team v2.3.

• You gotta wonder what the hell Flood is thinking unless it’s the inevitable supreme court case Trump v. Mueller where John and his merry crew of constitutional Reavers decide that what the founders really meant was that the President is an Absolute Monarch.

(and by Reavers…I mean in the Firefly sense…)

2. Dennis Cole says:

Like the cat who ate the cheese, in order to entice the mice, I wait with baited breath for Legal Team v6.0

3. 9thousandfeet says:

Der Führer is again making noises about the elections. Now he’s saying that Mueller and his gang of “angry democrats” is gearing up to “interfere” with the mid terms.
    That’s at least the second time he’s suggested that “interference” will be an issue.

He’s setting the stage, I tell ya.
    Trump is not willing to allow, maybe he’s even psychologically incapable of allowing, his version of reality to be compromised by some piffling little trifle like an election. He’s already suggested this, we’ll recall.
    As for the GOP and its leadership, there’s been enough complicity this last couple of years to keep any properly run investigative committees busy for years, so it’s something of an existential thing for them too.
    Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride.

• osirisopto says:

I see he’s managed to piss off at least one liberal. His base is creaming their jeans and his job for the day is done. Now it’s “executive time”.

9k, have you heard the saying “Never argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”?

Trump was all but threatening to unleash his flying monkeys if he didn’t win the election in 2016. It’s the same song but with a different tune that he’s playing for his base.

Our military isn’t that of a Banana Republic. They believe in their oath and they won’t take unlawful orders. At least most won’t.

• 9thousandfeet says:

Well, O, one of us is wrong about the degree to which this Trump/GOP/theocrat nexus is an existential threat to this republic, and how bad this shit is likely to get.
        I shall be delighted if it’s me.

• osirisopto says:

I hope you’re wrong too, 9K.

The ones who spout off, those who speak the loudest and draw the most attention are not the ones to fear. It’s the quiet ones, who remain in the shadows while they plan and calculate that should be feared. Like the Kochs, Putin, Mercers, etc.

45 and his followers will have great courage and speak loudly of the strength of their convictions, until they’re challenged by the best trained, best equipped and most determined military in human history.

The local nazi militia with their ar-15s, and 30,00 rounds of ammunition facing off against the US Marines, Ready Rangers and Seals with calvary, and air support wouldn’t be much of a fight, now would it?

4. RWW says:

I hesitate whenever Haberman and Schmidt are the ones “reporting” what is coming from the White House. Neither is a trustworthy reporter and both are far too ensconced in access journalism for my taste. It’s pretty clear to me that the WH is planting these stories and H&S are only too happy to be used that way. Schmidt routinely bathes Trump in drool in his “exclusive interviews,” and has had to defend himself afterwards for never correcting or even confronting any of the lies Trump tells in the interviews. That’s just Schmidt’s “style” dontchaknow. As for Haberman, she couldn’t find enough scandal in Hillary’s emails to pad out dozens of articles on the subject during the 2016 campaign, while relying on Rudy’s FBI buddies in NYC for all her sourcing.

5. MDavis says:

Wow, tweet after tweet about ‘no collusion, did I say collusion? They’re the collusion. And then, suddenly – oh, look, Donnie T is setting up to tee off on the USPS again!
    Also Squirrel! Jingly Keys! Look over there!

• Dennis Cole says:

I’m trying my best to decipher what he’s saying here. Postal workers are all Fentanyl “junkies?” And these very same Postal worker are all CHILDREN? What happened to Child Labor Laws? Or is it only children are being killed by this drug, while the adults are partying on?
      PS – I get MY Fentanyl the old-fashioned way: I have to drive to the pharmacy to pick it up every 30 days, after begging my Dr. for yet another refill, as it’s AGAINST FEDERAL LAW for it to be shipped by mail. It’s the only pain medication that works successfully to stifle my pain enough so that I can still function somewhat, and I’ve been using it responsibly for over 5 years now. I no longer feel the euphoric, narcotic effect, and my Dr. recently warned me that he may no longer be able to prescribe it for me, beginning in Oct., due to the crackdown on the Opioid Epidemic.
      Some of us suffer from intractable, chronic pain, and have a legitimate need for these types of drugs, along with people who are dying from terminal illnesses.
      But drugs are BAD, m’kay.

• MDavis says:

I think deciphering it is pretty simple if you remember that Trump has no real message. It’s “Squirrel! Jingly Keys! Look over there!”f So, it’s just a three alarm squirrel and the mad libs came up with “Drugs! Children! Attack an essential Federal agency!” The rest is just typical Donnie T busking.

• MDavis says:

Dude, I sincerely hope … I don’t know, that something works out for you, I guess.
        We had a cat with bad teeth and our vet told us they might not be able to continue with the pain meds we were using at the end of his life. Apparently they don’t want to get red flagged for prescribing enough narcotics to allow a 12 pound animal to eat. This “crackdown” is so much bullshit.
        I suspect if we follow the money we’ll find that there are Russians somewhere with a big investment in poppies.

• Dennis Cole says:

Thanks for the kind thoughts, M. I’m going to meet with my Primary Care Dr. and the Director of their Chronic Pain Mgm’t, Clinic on 9/5, to see what their plans are. Meanwhile, they’ve referred me to the Psych Dep’t., to help me cope with my anxiety, depression and anger mgm’t. issues related to over 25 yrs. of suffering from chronic pain, often at levels that would send so-called “normal” people to the nearest ER.
      I asked my Dr. one time, “If Life is so precious, then why doesn’t it have any trade-in value?” He couldn’t reply to that one. If my quality of life drops to zero, then so does my will to live. And fuck all these Drs.and everyone else who claim life MUST be preserved at all cost. It’s MY life, MY body, and if, after careful consideration I decide to just say the Hell with it all, then it’s check-out time.
      Meanwhile, i try to find what simple joys in life I can, (like this here blog,) and I will persevere until I just can’t anymore.

Oh, Dennis! We are rooting for you (but you know that already). I wish that there was something we could do. And if there is, you will tell us, non?

• Dennis Cole says:

Awwww…….thanks, TG. It’s been a struggle for more than 2 decades now. And I appreciate you using my contributions; it brings a feeling of usefulness to my life. And I wanna let my fellow scissorheads know how much I appreciate THEIR contributions and acclimations as well. All is good for the present moment, and I hope to continue for as long as I can. Peace.

6. barney says:

trump represents the biggest loss of American prestige in American history. The first proven ignoramus ever elected to the US presidency.