“I Am Spartacus”

Former commander who oversaw Bin Laden raid asks Trump to revoke his security clearance

Retired Navy Adm. William McRaven on Thursday wrote in an op-ed that he would “consider it an honor” to have his clearance revoked so that he could add his “name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.”

The op-ed, which was published in The Washington Post, comes a day after the White House announced that it was revoking former CIA Director John Brennan’s clearance and reviewing those of a number of other former officials who have disagreed with the administration.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to “I Am Spartacus”

1. ming says:

More please.

2. RWW says:

Big surprise that revoking a security clearance isn’t done by having a tub of chickenfat in a wig and fake lashes come out and bleat about it in a press briefing. It actually involves following a process under which the subject having his clearance revoked gets to confront the stated reasons and mount something of a defense (with counsel present). Also, big surprise that Comrade Stupid doesn’t know this, or care.

• Also, not surprising is that revoking these security clearances is more likely to damage America’s security, than have any impact on the ones having the revocation….

• Jim says:

Damaging America’s security is what Trump is about. In fact, that’s what Mueller’s investigation is all about. We (the USA) are in a state of clear and present danger. Some people get that who used to be involved with American national security and then there’s the GOP Congress that couldn’t care less as long as they get their awful followers.

3. Hey wait! MY security clearance has been revoked too!

• Jim says:

I actually had a top secret security clearance when I was in the government (foreign side). It’s pretty routine for a lot of positions. I left my position in 1997 so I assume my clearance has long since elapsed but I’ve actually never checked even though I continue to work for the feds (but as an environmental/climate change consultant nowadays).

• RWW says:

My friend and I were sitting around once after watching the more recent Sparticus series and thinking of funny alternative names (and no we were not high): gladiator with gastric trouble (Farticus), Simpson’s character (Barticus), Mensa member (Smarticus), and it went on quite a bit, but the conversation ended with toaster pastry (Pop-Tarticus). I still giggle.

4. Jim says:

Thank you for posting this bit from “Spartacus”. It is so appropriate to the subject at hand and also allows your fans to appreciate what a fantastic artist Stanley Kubrick was.

For fun, I attended a (film studies) class that spent about a full 8-hour day on just the Outlook Hotel set in The Shining. Let’s just say that there is no way that the hotel could exist in our 3-dimensional world, and it is one of the reasons that from the very get-go you feel disoriented in the inside-the-hotel scenes. Even the very first scene with Nicholson walking through the lobby to the interview is full of tricks.

It’s a masterpiece.

Kubrick fascinates me as few other directors ever have.

Comrade Preznint Stupid is an expert at creating enemies. And I do not pity the fool.