- American voters disapprove 58 – 39 percent of the way President Donald Trump is handling immigration.
- President Trump is racist, 49 percent of voters say, while 47 percent say he is not racist. But 50 percent of voters say the main motive for Trump’s immigration policies is “a sincere interest in controlling our borders,” while 44 percent say the main motive is “racist beliefs.”
- Separating children from their parents was a violation of human rights, American voters say 60 – 36 percent. The Trump Administration has a responsibility to unite these children with their parents, voters say 83 – 12 percent. Undocumented immigrants are not more likely than American citizens to commit crimes, American voters say 69 – 25 percent.
- American voters disapprove 55 – 40 percent of the job President Trump is doing, compared to a 52 – 43 percent disapproval rating in a June 20 Quinnipiac University National Poll and reversing a trend which showed Trump’s net approval inching up.
- 58 – 38 percent say he is not honest;
- 55 – 43 percent say he does not have good leadership skills;
- 55 – 43 percent say he does not care about average Americans;
- 62 – 34 percent say he is not level-headed;
- 63 – 32 percent say he is a strong person;
- 57 – 39 say he is intelligent;
- 60 – 37 percent say he does not share their values;
- 62 – 36 percent say he does not provide the U.S. with moral leadership.
Now, if we can just get these majorities of Americans to vote, we could put an end to this travesty.
*As my Mormon high school friends taught me, you don’t hate someone, you love someone the least.