Midday Palate Cleanser

They’re just big kitties, amiright?

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. donnah says:

So, dress the baby like a zebra and stand back? They sure have a lot of faith in that glass.

2. osirisopto says:

It’s not nice to tease kitty like that.

3. MDavis says:

Yes – yes they are.
    You don’t have cats, right? Watch your neighbor’s cat sometime when it has found a mouse. Check out a cat birdwatching. (that little chitter is a hunting cry – or maybe an “I wish I could be hunting” cry)
    The thing I don’t get about this video is why that woman finds the view so amusing. “Oh, look, a huge cat is attempting to fit my child’s head into its mouth. Tee hee hee.” Even with the cat on the other side of the glass, I would find that disturbing.

MDavis –

The first version of this that I saw (and bookmarked LONG AGO and LOST!) had no sound. Imagine my surprise to learn that the off-screen voice thinks this is funny. Imagine what other yucks that child will be telling to a psychiatrist in a few years.

• Bruce388 says:

My thoughts exactly. 20 years down the road: “Doc, I have this recurring nightmare about a huge animal trying desperately to take my head off. And some bozo is laughing at me. Did I mention I hate my mother?”

• MDavis says:

Even without the yuks it is somewhat disturbing – glass or no, I’d be grabbing the kid away from there – but the giggles adds a whole new dimension of creepy to the scene. I wonder if the silent version was meant to keep the creepy factor to a reasonable level?

4. E.A. Blair says:

Cats’ behavior towards prey is quite consistent from the smallest housecat to the largest Amur tiger. One of the best accounts of this is the book Cat Behavior: The Predatory and Social Behavior of Domestic and Wild Cats by Paul Leyhausen, Barbara A. Tonkin, tr. Fluffy stalking a spider in the living room shows a pattern of hunting virtually identical to a leopard or a lion. Cats are obligate carnivores, and cannot get significant nutriition from plants.

I seriously question the parenting abilities of anyone who would do this to an infant. I agree with TG and Bruse in that.

P.S.: The video embedded in this post has been disabled.

• E.A. Blair says:

If you want to read Leyhausen’s book, try a library. It’s been selling for over $500 on Amazon for the last ten years (the last price I saw was $630 – I got mine for $24.95 when it was published).

5. Jules MomCat says:

“Wasn’t that a dainty dish to set before the King?”