Tsk-Tsking The Night Away

I’m reading the very much expected tsk-tsking from the Villagers about shaming the members of the Fourth Reich as they go about in public. As we all know by now, The Possum Princess—Elmira Gantry Huckabee-Sanders—was asked, politely, to leave a restaurant; DHS Nielsen was shouted out of a restaurant before her entree was served; and one lone patriot told Stephen Miller TO HIS FACE that he was a fascist. Pam Bondi was heckled and left a movie.

No violence was committed to these people, but they were subjected to the Great Unwashed use of their free speech rights. They didn’t like it. Tuna Lips Trump came to the rescue of Elmira:

…which is as fine a way of missing the point as you can get. Also: actionable. Lawyer-up, that’s defamation.

The Villagers’ calls for civility–whether they realize it or not, and I’m pretty sure that they know it–are calls for unilateral disarmament.

The only weapon We The People have up until the moment of an election is to strategically use our voices, but the Chuck Todds and Tucker Carlsons (and I think that they are very likely the same person) are appalled, and demand to know where our manners are.

I think they are afraid that they are next. I wish that they were.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, media. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Tsk-Tsking The Night Away

1. osirisopto says:

Don’t forget the unnamed intern who respectfully shouted out in the capital “Mr. President, fuck you.”

2. Bruce388 says:

Chinese are using lasers on our planes in the South China Sea, Harley-Davidson is moving production offshore due to EU tariffs going from 6 to 31%, thousands of children separated from their parents, but sure, tweet about the restaurant in Lexington.

And, 13 health code violations at Merde-a-Lardo. Violations at the Red Hen: Zero.

3. They’d be scolding us for “being uncivil” if we were complaining while being herded into the cattle cars.

Fuck ’em.

Brad Delong (hardly the alarmist) posted a link to this today:

This is the time when you find out how you REALLY would have acted in 1932 Germany…

4. w3ski4me says:

I hearken back to the days of Stocks, and I don’t mean the Bank Kind. If a “representative” went too far over the bounds of decency they were publicly locked down for humiliation. We are a Country of “Spitballer’s” and the F’in rethugs don’t like it when they are on the receiving end.
    In the words of another rethug : “whoo whoo”.
    w3ski

Who killed political correctness again?

“The era of political correctness is over.” Ben Shapiro at CPAC on February 22, 2018.

Once again a classic case of projection of blaming liberals for what conservatives have been doing for almost 50 years.

6. Jules MomCat says:

“Tuna Lips Trump” — he always looks like he’s practicing puckering up, to give Pooty a BJ. as payment for getting him elected.

7. JTO says:

From 1973 – “We reserve the right to reserve service to you” a la Kinky Friedman. Let us not forget, please, that our kind have been denied service in restaurants, followed by security and stopped in traffic for ever.

8. Max Kerpelman says:

As much as I enjoyed Ms. Sanders humiliation, I am uneasy about refusing service (no matter how politely) to anyone whose beliefs or statements are offensive, especially when we know that the enemy is poised to spin it badly. I think protest can be made more positively. For example, the staff might have filibustered with serial recitations of “The New Colossus” and the Pledge of Allegiance (“with Liberty and Justice FOR ALL!”).

• MDavis says:

This comment upsets me in ways I cannot seem to articulate. I have been looking at it for nearly two days now intending a reply. All I can come up with is … No, that’s just wrong. You have people who are lying, separating and removing everyone who isn’t white as the come to the border and refusing entry at the borders to refugees fleeing deadly situations at home (and refusing asylum is an illegal act, so I’ve read, while applying for refugee status is legal – things are backwards now so the legal refugees are sorted and tossed in cages like so many vegetables and the lawbreakers are dining at Mexican restaurants and discussing the next move by this crass and fascist administration) and you suggest that they be served with a side order of entertainment?
      No, this is just wrong.

• 9thousandfeet says:

Yes, agree completely.
        And as for the concern that the usual suspects will “spin it badly”, these people will take even the mildest criticism—anything that is not outright praise in fact— and spin it as some kind of evil filth, so navigation which prioritizes avoidance of their displeasure is futile anyway.

• MDavis says:

As for the concern that the usual suspects will “spin it badly”, I am not nearly as concerned about this as that Dems are now spinning it badly, as in ‘we should be more civil’ rather than, say ‘we take note of your concerns and this is what we can tell you about what we are doing about it.’ Perhaps more Dems should be vetted for ties to the right, or for family members who may currently be hostages of the right.. Seriously, how out of touch does an organization have to be before you realize you need to go mole hunting?