Local Cracker Barrel Missing a Cracker

Hello, My Name Is Stupid

Just to prove that the tree is not far from the nut (see what I did there?), we look with some horror to the Bard of Little Rockkk, that lying sack of grits, Mike Huckabee:

Why are all the dogs barking, Uncle Sugar?

Oh, dear. That’s gonna be the talk of the various mullahs, clerics, and militia tribesmen back home, Huck.

This entry was posted in Mike 'Uncle Sugar' Huckabee. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Local Cracker Barrel Missing a Cracker

1. Redhand says:

This vicious calamy, which is right out of Trump’s Playbook, is utterly despicable. The one thing that the surprises on the polls May about the Democrats is that they don’t respond directly to it. Isn’t it about time that the forceful shaming statement was directed at the scum for saying this?

I know, I know these people are assholes who are totally Shameless. But it still bothers me that the Dems don’t say anything in response.

Redhand – this is EXACTLY why chasing and shaming the Fourth Reich out of restaurants and movie theaters has now landed. Our institutions are failing us (the NYTimes has yet ANOTHER civility lecture) and so we are now taking shaming action into our own hands.

Expect more. I think this is good.

• Redhand says:

Sorry for the dictation typos in the post, but you got my point. The effing NYT is a joke with its “Miss Manners” approach to civil discourse given the overt racism, fascism and lies of Trump’s GOP. Like I said before, WTF is up with the Dems for not at least dryly noting that the party doesn’t support “open borders” for MS-13. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that the party could be this cowed, and GD stupid.

• ming says:

Yup. See how you like these cakes bitches.

• 9thousandfeet says:

But it still bothers me that the Dems don’t say anything in response.

Part of their problem, aside from their usual political poltroonery and relentless unprincipled focus-group windsockery, is Trump’s preternatural talent for taking the low road to gain the high ground.
      This ability of his, and it is profoundly effective, has consistently been underestimated.

Example:
      The biggest liar, bar none, in public life since Tail Gunner Joe—mentored by TGJ’s odious lawyer Roy Cohn—preëmpts any real possibility of HRC’s campaign attacking him for his tsunami of mendacity by labeling her “Lying Hillary” right out of the gate.

And so it goes. He projects onto his opponents—all Dems and any “moderate” republicans foolish enough to oppose him publicly—every single infraction he himself commits on a daily basis, and this makes it next to impossible to attack him without looking like a fucking muppet who can’t come up with an original thought.

The GOP controls Congress and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump Inc.
      The Dems are pathetically floundering to find a handhold in this marketing battle, using traditional political campaign calculus long since swept away by a tidal wave of racist and xenophobic demagoguery.
      The media, with just one or two notable exceptions that will have zero effect on the now cultish single-mindedness of Trump’s base, is still flailing in confusion and no small amount of fear.
      The courts are being packed at record speed with lifetime appointments of theocrats and Ayn Rand fetishists.
      Camps now really are no fucking kidding on the drawing board, ostensibly for brown people, but if anyone thinks Trump or any of his enablers are NOT the kind of people who would incarcerate political opponents for the slightest infraction, even “disrespect”, if they thought they could get away with it, they’re delusional.

These motherfuckers are going for the brass ring, and they’re closer to it now than at any time in the history of this republic, or will ever be again for generations if they fail.

Anyone who thinks they won’t throw the kitchen sink rather than acquiesce to some trifle like an investigation by a special counsel, or what to them is the hamster-wheel activity of a mid-term election, is delusional too.

No way does this shitshow end without a full blown constitutional crisis and no small amount of violence.
      Too many people have had their longstanding and very deep racist animus irreversibly activated and energized by this fucking guy for that not to be true.

• Once I wrapped my brain around the idea there are people with absolutely NO sense of shame, the rest followed. I completely grok Elvira Gantry Huckleberry and her Bible-thumping daddy. I do not believe in Hell or Heaven, so I am rather hoping they get their comeuppance in the here-and-now, instead of their “sweet bye-and-bye.”

• Marc McKenzie says:

“But it still bothers me that the Dems don’t say anything in response.”

Well, here’s the thing. Democrats like Maxine Waters and Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff and Ted Lieu will say something….and the MSM will not bother cover it. And then the MSM will have all of these think-pieces/hand-wringing bromides about how Democrats must stop being so, so fucking MEEEAAN to the GOP that is currently taking a leak on the Constitution and stomping a boot on the face of freedom.

And because the MSM will not cover Democrats saying something, you will never hear about it, and you’ll say, “Why aren’t the Democrats saying something?”

2. mellowjohn says:

“the tree is not far from the nut”?
    i prefer the horse apple doesn’t fall far from the horse’s ass.

3. donnah says:

It really is okay now more than ever before for the Right Wingers to shove their most vile rhetoric out for all to see. They know it pisses us off, it makes them look tough in their minds, and no one stops them or calls them out.

It’s true, it does piss me off. It makes me want to roll over Huckabee with a steamroller, actually. So I hope I can do that with votes come November.

When I saw the picture I automatically thought his post was going to be about tender care facilities. I don’t know why.

5. Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Some wag on Twitter joked that Huckabee was googling “shirtless boys with tattoos”.

6. Weird Dave says:

Ya know boss? That headline is an insult to Cracker Barrels everywhere…

• Marc McKenzie says:

The one I went to in Georgia…was actually quite good. I’m not saying I’ll ever eat at one in the South ever, but one never knows.

Waffle House, though? Hell no.

7. Sirius Lunacy says:

I searched for a nice picture of several klansmen holding hymnals. There’s got to be one out there somewhere but I couldn’t find one. I wanted to post it with the caption ” Mike Huckabee preaches to his choir”