Midday Palate Cleanser

I think this is a litter-mate to Friday’s Palate Cleanser.

How do I get Out

“Very tricky, Hoomin, but I will find a way out to show my people this exotic bird on a stick I have captured!”

This entry was posted in cats, Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. Looks remarkably like our old cat Buckethead. Most DEF something he’d do, too…

BDR – I’ve never known a stupid cat. I suppose they must exist, but…

• There’s a reason he was named “Buckethead” 🙂 Now if he were a siamese or maine coon cat, this would be different but orange tabbies are…’special’ as a general rule. Sweetest cats you’ll ever meet in your life, but not the brightest.

Buckethead, for instance, routinely smacked his head into the closet door of our apartment because he would forget that hitting that 90º turn into the kitchen from the living room could not be negotiated at speed by a cat on polished wood floors.

• another kiwi says:

Our dear, departed Puskas cat was named for the 1950s Hungarian soccer player who was called “a short, fat, midfield genius”. Two out of three wasn’t so bad for a cat. P observed the world with the startled look of someone who has just been hit with a brick. He used to fall off things and get stuck in things with an almost determined frequency and then, the next day, do it again. He had a lovely nature until he heard cats outside fighting. Then he’d go to the closest window and growl at them for a bit, then forget why he was there and go to sleep.

• ming says:

We had an orange cat named Curly Tail. He backed up against the wood burning stove one day and set his tail on fire. It self-extinguished and didn’t hurt him, but it took a couple of days to get the stench of burning cat hair out of the house. He was forever afterward known as Crispy Tail. Our Main Coon is no genius either – he caught his tail on fire with a candle. I had to help him put that one out.

• Marc-André says:

I wouldn’t say stupid but there are certainly some that are not the smartest. 😉

One of our four can be a little… let’s see self inflicting harm such as running into doors and walls. 😹

Marc-André,

One of the Scissorheads asserts that the orange ones are, uh, “gifted.” Is your wall-banger by any chance of the orange variety?

2. Jules MomCat says:

PURRR-FECT!!!

3. FelineMama says:

“Ah, Humans, Seriously?!!” “After all these years, you don’t know me. At all!!”

4. Bruce388 says:

That’s quite a tail.

5. My cat is very smart – he knows to leave his disgusting hair balls right on the expensive carpeting

6. MDavis says:

I cannot figure out what he is so fussed about. Look at that tail – that is a cat with serious attitude on. Maybe he’s looking out his little door at some other cat mocking him. I can almost hear him saying “As soon as I get out this door I’m whipping your butt with this fuzzy stick I got here. As soon as I get out… “