Wrong-Again Rudy Floats New Legal Theory

Little Kremlin-on-the-Potomac

They say that the camera shows your soul.

Wrong-Again Rudy is giving Mikhal, er, Michael Cohen a run for the money to be Prznint Stupid’s Stupidest Lawyer®:

“…I mean, this is — this is the reason you don’t let the president testify. If, you know, every, our recollection keeps changing, or we’re not even asked a question and somebody makes an assumption, in my case, I made an assumption and then I, then, then we corrected, and I got it right out as soon as, as soon as, as soon as it happened. I think that’s what happened here.”

I think he’s really saying that Trump can’t be asked to testify because he can’t keep track of his lies. That’s some high-cost legal opinioning (is too a word) right there. I guess Mr. Mueller might as well tear-up those subpoenas.

This entry was posted in Little-Kremlin-on-the-Potomac, Wrong-Again Rudy. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Wrong-Again Rudy Floats New Legal Theory

1. Karla says:

“Maybe a Comrade Stupid should have a competence hearing or maybe the cabinet should start the 25th Amendment process?”
    Both, please.

• RWW says:

No, that would trigger one of Trump’s escape routes: a full pardon by Pence followed by Comrade Stupid retaking thrown and/or “retiring” to Merde-A-Lardo while continuing to grift and graft.

• MDavis says:

I realize that Trump deserves to pay for his illegal behavior, even though he never has paid pound-for-pound, but if it gets him out of office and gives us a chance at sane leadership I’ll take it. Let the Russians handle his punishment for dropping the ball or for being incompetent or whatever…

• osirisopto says:

MDavis – he doesn’t pay debts. He lawyers them out.

As has been said before Trump is the dumb/poor mans idea of what a smart/rich man is, the same goes for his attorneys.
        I doubt Mueller is going to be either intimidated by Cohn’s bluster and threats, or slow enough to let Sekulow’s delaying tactics work. I’d bet he doesn’t give Guilianni much thought beyond assigning an intern to document every word he says.

2. This is just a variant on the Perjury Trap balloon (lead-filled) that they floated a couple months ago, that Prznit Drumpf cannot testify because that wily villain Mueller (insert gif of Mueller twirling an imaginary Snidely Whiplash mustache) will cunningly entrap him in a diabolical snare of provable truth.

3. RWW says:

That’s a stunning comment coming from a so-called, once-upon-a-time, Federal Prosecutor, whose job it was to put criminal suspects under questioning to gather evidence for a conviction.

4. 9thousandfeet says:

Trump has declared an Imperial Presidency, plain and simple and out in the open. He’s declared himself above the law, simple as that, and the narrative being pushed is that the only Constitutionally permissible restraints on presidential power lie in the impeachment process.

He’s already stated clearly that he feels no obligation to abide by election results if he suspects there’s “something wrong with them”, and that was before he was elected.

The GOP leadership is stunningly silent—not so much as a “that’s unhelpful” scolding—so they’re signaling that they’re ready to continue flying air cover politically for this power grab and/or any stunts that may ensue from it.
    Including kneecapping Mueller by whatever means necessary.

That leaves the judicial branch as the last hurdle between us and the completion of our journey to fascism.
    And we’re still smugly calling this guy and his assorted posse of clowns “stupid”?

The stupidity here lies with the Dems utter inability to recognize what the hell his happening and muster a united front of implacable and full throttle resistance to it.

What the fuck am I missing?

Back when this bag of fascist shit was first elected I began saying that phone calls were a waste of damn time and that only millions of us out in the streets could effectively push back against this incremental and orchestrated onslaught on the legal and political architecture of this republic.

Nothing has happened since to make me thing that was wrong, and a goddam hell of a lot has happenend to make me thing it was absolutely correct.
    Maybe Americans don’t deserve democratic institutions and governance. They sure don’t seem willing to fight very hard for it.
    Domestic police forces in the major population centers, including the Democratic majority cities, have been militarized for years and are largely run and populated by skinhead bullies posing as law enforcement officers. who will be entirely comfortable with curfews and busting heads.

We’re fucking sleeping on our way to the camps, I swear we are. This is beyond spooky now.

• osirisopto says:

“What the fuck am I missing?”

Your ass in the chairpersons seat of your counties Democratic party. That’s what your missing.

That’s what we’re all missing.

• Infidel753 says:

9thousandfeet (are you the world’s biggest millipede? 🙂 ): only millions of us out in the streets could effectively push back

We had millions of people in the street with the Women’s Marches. It did at least put the politicians on notice that people were not going to be passive. Don’t sell the phone calls short, though. Inundating the Senate switchboard has shifted more than a few votes on close issues.

5. Pyed says:

I read Rudy’s quote twice, and it that’s a sample of the verbal rhetoric of a former federal prosecutor, he must have practised in a jurisdiction created by L. Frank Baum. Then add in the content of his remarks (when his remarks actually scan) and he should be gently rocking in a home for retired federal prosecutors, with his only worry — falling off his rocker.