This keeps happening:
The fourth fatal mass school shooting of 2018 claimed 10 lives today in Santa Fe, Texas.
- Nine students and a teacher were killed at Santa Fe High School, located 30 miles southeast of Houston.
- Another 10 were wounded, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a press conference.
- Explosive devices were found on and around campus, Santa Fe Independent School District police chief Walter Braun said today.
- A 17-year old suspect is in custody. He had written about wanting to commit suicide, Abbott said, but instead gave himself up.
- A shotgun and .38 caliber revolver were recovered from the shooter, Abbott said. Those guns were owned by the suspect’s father, who obtained them legally.
The big picture: The Yutes of Today are expecting the worst. We continue to let them down.
As Santa Fe student Paige Curry told local TV station ABC-13:
Reporter: “Was there a part of you that was like, ‘This isn’t real. This could not happen at my school?'”Curry: “There wasn’t.”Reporter: “Why so?”Curry: “It’s been happening everywhere. I’ve always felt it would eventually happen here too.”
And here’s Prznint Stupid offering us consolation:
School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 18, 2018