Midday Palate Cleanser

I submit into evidence:

Birds are jerks.

This entry was posted in Palate Cleansers. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Midday Palate Cleanser

1. FelineMama says:

“Hector, tonight when you’re curled up in your “home” with the little lady, I’m a gonna hoot my throat sore & bring some friends” HOOT!!

2. My mom had one of those woodpecker jerks decide that the AC housing on her roof was an excellent thing to bang on. And on and on and on…making a hellish racket.

STARTING AT 4-freaking-Ay Em in the freaking morning.

3. YellowDog says:

I like birds, generally. They are the ultimate survivors. They ruled the earth for millions of years, survived mass extinction, and will likely survive us. I don’t like cleaning their shit off my wife’s car (birds never target mine–they recognize a friend).

I love birds, too. I just recognize that they are jerks, just like the rest of us.

(There is one crow in my ‘hood who likes me. I put out peanuts for him on the sill, and I swear he waits for me outside my dining room window, wondering where his morning repast is. Absolutely gorgeous creatures, birds are.)

• MDavis says:

Corvids are smart, so it is pretty likely he knows where the peanuts are coming from. We have some ravens and some magpies around here who show up to chase the cats away from their food. They cuss the cats out, too, and say, I think it was “Oh, Shit!” and fly away if we come out and catch them at it.

4. Bruce388 says:

Taste like chicken.

5. Retiredeng says:

Then there’s the Cardinal outside my bedroom window at the crack of friggin’ dawn screaming at the top of his lungs!

Retiredeng –

I’ve never seen one in real life. Are they really red? are they assholes? Pretty much everyone who says anything about them mentions their asshole-ish qualities (is too a word!), so I gots’a ask: are they assholes?

• YellowDog says:

Some cardinals are all red (e.g., male northern cardinals). One species of cardinal in the southwest has red accents. The question is which came first, cardinal red or cardinals?