The Lowest Loyalty

ABC News tells us…

“James Comey said his decision to announce that the FBI was going to look back into the Hillary Clinton email investigation just days before the election was influenced by his belief that she would beat Donald Trump and his desire to make sure that the election results were viewed as legitimate.

“I don’t remember consciously thinking about that, but it must have been because I was operating in a world where Hillary Clinton was going to beat Donald Trump, and so I’m sure that it was a factor,” Comey told ABC News’ chief anchor George Stephanopoulos in an exclusive interview ahead of the April 17 release of his book, “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership.”

“I don’t remember spelling it out, but it had to have been, that she’s going to be elected president and if I hide this from the American people, she’ll be illegitimate the moment she’s elected, the moment this comes out,” he added.”

This reasoning is such fucking revionist bullshit. So, is Comey really saying that if the polls had been closer he would not have done it? And that Trump was under investigation at the exact, same moment, was losing in the polls, and he said NOTHING about that, proves that this is a damned lie. He did it because he thought that Clinton would win means he did it for political reasons. There is nothing ethical about what he did. That’s just positioning.

Look, to my mind all Comey is doing right now is cashing in on his mistakes. He’s the rare fuck-up whom the Left and the Right both hate, and both have good reasons to do so. So thanks a lot, Comey. You, James Comey, you chose the most destructive and illegitimate prznint of our lifetime.

Get off your fucking high horse, and go straight to hell.

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Lowest Loyalty

1. Redhand says:

Look, to my mind all Comey is doing right now is cashing in on his mistakes.

I disagree in part. It’s more “payback” for being fired, plus an attempt to salvage his “honor.” I do agree that he tilted the election to Trump with that 11:59 pm “reopen the Hillary investigation.” That was an outrage. It violated FBI protocols and is why we are where we are.

One reason for his action might be Guliani’s ties to and encouragement of the rogue elements in the utterly corrupt NY FBI Office, which was leaking anti-Hillary shit like a sieve about that time. (That Office needs to be burnt to the ground, the ground salted, and the Office rebuilt somewhere else; and that fascist, Putin-admiring fuck Guliani also deserves massive payback – notice how utterly silent he is there days.)

I think Comey was afraid that after Hillary was elected, the out-of-control NYC FBI Office would leak the stuff about Weiners’s laptop, and it would make Comey look bad. That Comey wanted to avoid at all costs, because “Brutus is an honorable man.”

I see the rest of what’s happened to and by Comey to be the bitter fruit of his zeal to nail Trump after Comey’s “My God, what I have I done?!” realization that he helped install a genuine mob boss and traitor in the White House. That’s why Comey is pulling no punches in his book. He wants to make clear just what a monster Trump is, so there’s some real feces-throwing hate in the pages. As there should be,

But yeah, Comey can never put this fully right. He made the mistake of his life, and altered US history for the worse, in no small part because of his own hubris and self-reverential notions of his “honor.” The Book $$ will never make up for or compensate him for the tarnished legacy he now has.

On a personal note, I never met Comey, but I did work with with his father when we were both employed by the same corporation in the 80s and 90s. But that’s another story entirely, and since the “old man” is a private citizen I will respect his privacy and not tell any “war stories” in a public forum.

Red hand,

Yours is a more nuanced response than mine, that said, we’ve heard Comey’s explanation, but so far I have not heard an apology. I’m not willing to forgive until that (if at all), and even then, I know I would not forget.

He’s giving us an excuse, and the Vince Lombardi aphorism is in effect.

PS, you are clearly a better person than I am, that whole bit in the Lords Prayer I always saw as plea bargaining. Lawyers’ kid!

2. C Montgomery Burns says:

“…if I hide this from the American people, she’ll be illegitimate…”
    Bull
    Shit
    With that twisted logic, not telling the electorate that Trump was being investigated by the FBI for a least a year prior to the election means his win is legit.
    Open source reporting shows that the NY’s FBI office, poisoned by Guliani’s minions, was pushing him to start a rumble he could never win or justify (see Redhand above).
    Comey is far from savior he’s acting or is being made out to be.

3. Pyed Typer says:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the enemy of my friend is my enemy. And if he is both kinds of both friend and enemy, we need to watch our finders during feeding time.

4. osirisopto says:

They don’t make tissue paper as thin as that excuse.

He handed the election to Trump, he knew it and then discovered he had created a monster. He is the real world of Dr. Frankenstein. I wish 45 were as articulate as Shelly’s monster, but we’re stuck with a man who makes the Hollywood version look like JFK.

Unfortunately he will never have to listen to the screams of terror from the Syrians as our missiles streak across the sky wreaking havoc, and destroying what little is left of their world every time 45 needs a distraction.

5. motocat1 says:

Our friend, Charlie Pierce, also doesn’t like Comey. And with good reason. https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a19778928/comey-book-trump-pee-tape/

6. FelineMama says:

If there was NO EC, would there have been President Hillary Clinton? How come NO ONE elaborates on this. Not that the whole election stinks to high heaven!!

Oh, I rag on the electoral college a lot. I’d amend the Constitution first thing. I’m also none too keen on the Senate, except when I am.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w