Our Claim Chowder is Served (Trade Wars)

Shoulda put some Quatloos on this…

Remember when we said that Comrade Stupid’s tariffs would end up having farmers pay for protecting Hollywood’s and Silicon Valley’s Intellectual Property?

Yeah, we got it right. Here’s the pork-producing states, ranked by the value of their pork products. FYI, Trump won most of them in the 2016 Goat Rodeo:

1. Iowa
  2. Illinois
  3. Minnesota
  4. North Carolina
  5. Indiana
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Missouri
  8. Nebraska
  9. Wisconsin
  10. Ohio

…so you know that China is also aiming at Comrade Stupid’s base for his possible re-election in the 2020 Goat Rodeo.

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, 2020 Goat Rodeo, 4th Reich. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Our Claim Chowder is Served (Trade Wars)

1. purplehead says:

Oh yeah, and then there are Warshington apples…China imports[ed] bushels o’ those. Gee, I wonder who all o’ them eastern Warshington orchardists vote[d] for? [rhetorical]

Yeah, as much as I would love to see the price of apples in my local Seattle store go down (seriously, so much more expensive than in California, what gives?) this could entice orchardists to sell groves to developers.

• MDavis says:

Apples grow in western Washington, too, y’know. And if you transport home-grown apples just within the apple maggot area you won’t be spreading the little bugs. Or are those signs still up on I-5?
        Anyway, I can recommend looking for friends (of friends of friends) who have trees that produce more than they could possibly consume by themselves. Cheaper than farmer’s markets, even if not as glam.

• Yeah because not voting for an asshole who sells you down the river would never enter their minds.

• Big Bad Bald Bastard says:

Oh, yeah, MDavis, finding a source for free local apples is awesome. I can get apples, quinces, cherries, peaches, mulberries, and kousa dogwood fruits at work. Mulberries are ubiquitous, at work and near home- back in the early 20th century, some guy wanted to start a silk industry in the Bronx, so he planted mulberry trees all over the area.

• MDavis says:

I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with several fruit trees – 4 apple, an elderly pear tree and plum tree so productive that we couldn’t find enough people to take the excess. They were delicious.
        Long after that house was gone, a group of us went a couple of times looking for fruit on land condemned to enlarge SeaTac airport. It was the first time I had seen a quince in real life, and I was told it is a handy fruit to have when canning as it produces so much pectin. Those were nice trips, until the murders began.

• ming says:

Makes me happy that we grow our own produce.

Farm prices and subsidies in this country are like the Cirque du Soleil. You start kicking the feet out from under one of them and they all come tumbling down.

3. trump will Trumpet only the parts that hit ‘Failing California’ I’ll bet. “Loser California won’t limit illegal immigration so must be hit with tariffs.” or some such fucking nonsense.

4. Pyed Typer says:

Besides Trump’s Trade War reducing markets, his anti-immigration policies are making it difficult, if not impossible, to get the fruit picked and the crops gathered from the fields.

For the farmers, Trump is a gift that keeps on giving.