The Saturday Morning Quote, Oy Vey!

“Trust me, comrades, why would I lie?”

NBC News tells us that Comrade Stupid’s BAE suggested that Jews or other ethnic groups had been involved in the meddling, endearing himself to Comrade Trump’s anti-semitic base and noted globalist whisperer Ann Coulter:

“So what if they’re Russians?” Putin said of the people named in last month’s [Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s] indictment. “There are 146 million Russians. So what? … I don’t care. I couldn’t care less. … They do not represent the interests of the Russian state.”

“Maybe they’re not even Russians,” he said. “Maybe they’re Ukrainians, Tatars, Jews, just with Russian citizenship. Even that needs to be checked. Maybe they have dual citizenship. Or maybe a green card. Maybe it was the Americans who paid them for this work. How do you know? I don’t know.”

Gee, Pooty-poot, wouldn’t a Jew with a Russian citizenship still be, you know, A RUSSIAN?

This entry was posted in 2016 Goat Rodeo, 4th Reich, Anti-Semitism, Comrade Preznint Stupid, The Russian Usurper. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Saturday Morning Quote, Oy Vey!

Oh, NOES!!! He’s starting to sound like Donnie Dorko.

2. Infidel753 says:

It would be interesting to read the quote in the original. The Russian language actually has more than one word for “Russian”. Russkiy means “Russian” in the ethnic sense; Rossiyanin or Rossiyskiy mean “Russian” in the sense of holding Russian citizenship. So the Russian minorities in places like Kazakhstan or Estonia are Russkiy but not Rossiyanin, while the ethnic Tatars, Jews, Siberian natives, etc. who live in Russia and have Russian citizenship, and whose ancestors have done so for centuries, are Rossiyanin but not Russkiy.

Chinese makes a similar terminological distinction between being ethnically Chinese and being a citizen of China but of non-Chinese ethnicity. Most European and Asian countries which are basically ethnostates make this distinction, whether it’s expressed by different words or not. Americans aren’t used to thinking that way because there’s really no such thing as an American “ethnicity” distinct from citizenship (though hard-core racists probably do see white Americans that way).

If Putin was using those terms in this way in his statement, then yes, he was indeed implying that those Rossiyanin who aren’t Russkiy are, well, not real Russkiy, but that’s tautologically true. Definitely disquieting given Russia’s long history of demonizing unpopular minorities, but there’s nothing odd or contradictory in what he said.

Infidel –

Thanks for that explanation, which does make some sense. To my American sensibilities, it seems inherently racist, but maybe it is more nuanced.

The people in the fly-over states say that they are the Real Americans (even the good liberals in the midwest imply that Californians and New Englanders are somehow less than American) and it always irks me that there seems to be some sort of calculus about what makes a real American, and whatever it is because of where I am from, I am not he. (so to speak? I’m not even sure I can follow my comment.) So maybe it is something similar?

• Infidel753 says:

Yes, that’s what I meant by “hard-core racists probably do see white Americans that way”. It’s not widely accepted because the US was never an ethnostate like most countries in Europe and Asia (countries that formed as the expression of the culture of a specific ethnic group, though the actual history is often a lot murkier than the “official” view of things). Americans seem to find it a little hard to grasp that this is how most people on Earth think. In China, a Tibetan or a Mongol or an Uighur can be a Zhongguoren, a citizen of China, but he can never be a Han, a member of the real Chinese ethnicity or (as they tend to think of it) Chinese race. Even when there aren’t two different words, there are ways of expressing the difference. In France, people of native French ethnic descent are sometimes called Français de souche, “root” or “stem” French, to distinguish them from fellow French citizens who are immigrants from the Arab and African former colonies and their descendants. In most countries there’s no official discrimination or legal difference among citizens, but everyone is aware of the two categories.

The countries of North and South America were formed differently and, at least in theory, pretty much accept anyone as simply being an American or Brazilian or whatever as soon as they get citizenship. But of course even here ethnic identity-think persists to some extent.

The way Putin spoke about minority groups in Russia is normative for most of the world. That doesn’t mean it isn’t dangerous in many cases, of course.

3. Redhand says:

Ethnicity considerations, the arrogance of this fuck is disgusting. Plus, he seems to be channeling Trump, or visa versa.

I wonder why he even made the statement. I’ll tell you this: if we get rid of our traitor Preznit and get an anti-Putin President back, I think we can make things far more uncomfortable for this POS than he has for us, bad as this has been. I want a president who makes sure this monster pays for what he’s done.

Redhand,

I hope you stick around for a while, I think we are gonna be pals!

Next (virtual) round is on my tab! No, really. No need to thank me.

4. Redhand says:

I hope you stick around for a while, I think we are gonna be pals!

Absolutely. I believe form my postings you have my email address and if you send me yours I’ll respond with a bio. I do like yoiur site and sense of humor.

• Redhand says:

Arrgh! No way to edit posts here to correct typos and input mistakes. Gotta get it right the first time.