I was startled last night to see many tweets praising Marco ‘Big Gulp’ Rubio—the Cold Warrior for a New Generation, and beloved grandson figure of Wingnuts over the age of 65 and under the age of death—for just showing up to the Gun Violence Town Hall:
I do give Rubio credit for showing up and saying he will look at high capacity magazines, also denouncing teachers with guns. BUT he is infamous for crumbling when the chips are down so let’s see what he DOES
— Jennifer Rubin (@JRubinBlogger) February 22, 2018
…to which one lonely spitballer replied:
So… I thought you hated giving out participation trophies? https://t.co/v7gRU096Tv
— No Collusion Tengrain (@Tengrain) February 22, 2018
Rubio bravely kept the crowd unhappy:
- He mewled his unwavering Second Amendment support, which has earned him millions of Ameros and an A+ rating from his paymasters at the NRA.
- He oddly defended the millions of Ameros he has accepted from the NRA (“they bought into MY agenda” – which takes some brass), and would not commit to turning down more NRA blood money.
And then he changed his agenda. He said he’s open to:
- raising the minimum age for gun purchases to 18
- considering legislation to reduce the size of legal gun magazines
- opposing arming teachers (unlike Comrade Stupid)
Look, I’m happy that Big Gulp is changing his mind on anything, he gets points for that. For showing up to talk to his constituents? That’s his job. Now, it is a shame that no other elected Republican from Florida did (lookin’ at you Gov. Batboy), but that’s politics right there: they didn’t want to see the opposition campaign ads that would come from that.