The Yutes Will Not Let the NRA Use Them For Target Practice

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Slaughter

Really great news: the tech-and-media saavy Yutes of Today are not going to sit down quietly and wait to be slaughtered by the NRA. They are standing up and proclaiming that they will not be target practice any more.

I’m told that every night during the Vietnam War, the news had video from the actual battlefield and it brought the conflict into America’s living rooms and it eventually turned the tide against the war. The flag-draped caskets every night became unbearable. Chimpy McStagger was smart enough to know that he had to control this and so had both reliable journalists embedded with the troops and forbid the caskets returning home to be photographed. It was a very sanitized and controlled version of Chimpy’s Great Adventure that we saw.

So, to return to our theme, the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida broadcast the attack from cell phone videos and recorded everything, and they are not going to be censored. I really believe that the photos of their dead classmates and the visceral fear in those videos is the first time since the Vietnam war, that we are seeing first-person footage of carnage from a battlezone. It was startling and raw, and I think seeing these attractive, articulate young people being mowed down will change the dynamic. It is not abstract.

Also/too, these are articulate people and they are telling their stories directly to Americans.

So, when Comrade Stupid tried to blame them for being attacked…

…and…

…they’ve fought back on Twitter, too:

And, being media saavy, they have also/too made appearances on the talking head shows. They have a number of rallies planned for March and April. I think we can expect them to hold the spotlight on this issue.

This entry was posted in Guns! Guns! Guns!, NRA. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Yutes Will Not Let the NRA Use Them For Target Practice

1. They’re also calling for a general school strike http://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/decatur-mom-plans-national-school-walkout-to-protest-gun-violence/85-519700077 which warms the jaded cockles of this old hippie’s heart.

2. Bruce388 says:

One thing we can take away from this tragedy is the eloquence these public school students are demonstrating. Take THAT, Betsy DeVos!

3. Dennis Cole says:

I often wonder why we don’t have protests against this issue, as well as the contested election, like we did against the Vietnam War back in the late 60s and early 70s. I took part in many of those rallies and demonstrations, and I’m proud to know that those were the death knell for the war, and Nixon’s corrupt administration. Are people afraid of getting arrested? Of losing their jobs in this precarious work environment? Are some just too blase about it all?
    But I’m thrilled that these yutes have taken matters seriously, and are taking direct action. There are rallies and marches being planned locally, and I plan to attend, and take part.

4. donnah says:

Kids are smart and they are tech savvy. They are also idealistic and tough. I hope that we find inspiration and follow their lead to disarm the gun lovers and make inroads into fixing legislation that protects our children and their children.

We may be in a political minority, but we can make things happen and come November, the minority numbers could flip. It’s time to back up our words and support the young people who are willing to charge ahead.

5. Ten Bears says:

As I recall, while the college students with deferments got all the attention it was the high school students, and their parents, facing the draft that took to the streets. I was one of them.

6. The Great and Amazing Mysterious Unknowable says:

I am a middle-aged woman with no kids, but I do have nieces and nephews with kids and friends with kids of all ages. If these survivors want to lead we all have feet just itching to march and get out the vote and fingers itching to push phone buttons to make this situation change. So sick of watching this trauma spreading. So worried about where it could lead. We have to be wise enough to heed the warnings of the old ones who said “Never Again!” and the pleas of these younger ones having their innocence being stolen by this trauma. This really isn’t being overly dramatic at this point looking at the numbers increasing and the news being broadcast. I was a child during those Vietnam war years and remember well worrying my older brothers would die in a war, hearing of assasinations, feeling I would never live to adulthood because a nuclear bomb would kill me first and so on. Honestly, this year feels worse by ten times.

This is definitely not the revolution conservatives were hoping for.

8. paul fredine says:

i don’t think we’ve heard from laura ingraham on this but i’m pretty sure we all know what she’d say: ‘shut up and get back to class’.