Bathroom Break!

Your Kind Cannot Pee Here

Ed. Secretary Betsy DeVos

Good Morning, Scissorheads! Hope your kids pee’ed before they left for school, because Betsy DeVos doesn’t want transkids to pee in school:

“The Education Department has told BuzzFeed News it won’t investigate or take action on any complaints filed by transgender students who are banned from restrooms that match their gender identity, charting new ground in the Trump administration’s year-long broadside against LGBT rights.

“…Finally on Thursday, Liz Hill, a spokesperson for the agency, responded “yes, that’s what the law says” when asked again if the Education Department holds a current position that restroom complaints from transgender students are not covered by a 1972 federal civil rights law called Title IX.

“Asked for further explanation on the department’s position, Hill said Friday, “Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, not gender identity.”

It’s gonna be a long day for these kids, and no one is less vulnerable than when they need a bio-break. Let’s just say the the bullies will be on both sides of the bathroom doors, and no one needs that, especially when one needs to pee.

Somewhere, Linda Harvey is smiling.

This entry was posted in 4th Reich, Betsy 'Special Ed' DeVos, education, Theocrats, Transphobia, Y'all Qaeda, Your Kind Cannot Pee Here. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Bathroom Break!

1. Steve-O says:

Awe… you hateful spiteful bitch.

Kind of blows a hole through that whole E Pluribus Unum thing. They should all be shunned.

3. Ali Redford says:

These came on for sale when DeVos was up for confirmation (at least, that’s when I found out about them.) I know we’re talking about kids, but lots of kids are aware of this situation, and these are good for everyone, anyway. I’m not trying to sell here, and if this is violating TOS, I understand, but I’m trying it, because it’s a good thing. I’ll Go With You pins, for people who want other people to be safe. Good for bathrooms, buses, and any public places where some people feel and behave as if they don’t want some other people to exist. https://preview.tinyurl.com/ycgsf7fq .

I can’t stand (or stand for) the idea of anyone, but especially children, being afraid in these situations.

Ali –

Kids need to be safe, period. No TOS violation from me.

One of the breweries here in Seattle (Optimism) has one, big, open bathroom. Ever toilet/urinal is in it’s own stall with locking doors, and the sink is shared by all. It all works out.

The only complaint I’ve heard yet is that it defeats the gossip in the bathroom.

• Ali Redford says:

Thanks! I went to work, and then recalled I’d posted here.
        You know, I bet Scissorheads are talented enough to make their own of these, and I should have thought of that. But, I appreciate everyone being gracious about the link! 🙂
        My pin always gets me smiles.

At least, to my face… 😉

4. ming says:

Well, you have to set their societal expectations early if want your kids to grow up to be good Nazis.

5. laura says:

Jeezus, this god-bothering pestilence is giving the possum queen a real stiff competitioning for that Golden Schlafley Award.
    What makes a person so hateful and dismissive of the ‘not like them’s” so much that they use their vast cleaning supply wealth to do such dirty, dirty deeds?

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s