2018 is off to a record start for Comrade Trump:
“The Trump White House has careened from one crisis to another since January, with the furor around the publication of Michael Wolff’s best-selling tell-all ‘Fire and Fury’ — which sparked a public break between Trump and his former top strategist Steve Bannon — replaced by outrage sparked by Trump’s description of African countries as ‘shitholes,’ as well as a stand-off between Trump and the FBI over the ever-present Russia investigation. In the midst of all that, the government shut down – twice.”
And we’ll add that in the last week:
- two white house staffers have resigned
to spend more time beating women.
- John Kelly told Comrade Stupid he would resign.
- Hope Hicks is committing ritual seppuku dating Rob Porter and writing mash notes for her boss to read to defend her violent gigalo.
- Rachel L. Brand, the No. 3 official at the Justice Department is stepping down because she wants to protect her career and work for Walmart, so can firing Rod Rosenstein and then Robert Mueller be far behind?
- Comrade Stupid has started moaning and bitching with obvious anagram Reince Priebus, the chief of staff he fired, to vent about the dude who he replaced Reince with.
I’ll conclude this rant with a wager of 500 Quatloos: the drama will continue because the Congress and Senate is about to go into re-election campaign mode. There will be no new significant legislation this year, and sorry Dreamers, that includes you.
So B-minus reality teevee star is going to glory in all the attention from the national press, with the exception of whatever issue-free, personality-based, horse race coverage they give to candidates in the 2018 Pie Fight.